Making your own power cards

Zald

First Post
The new project is great and all..

...But I was really hoping to see v. 4.x or 5.0 on your site soon, Hirahito.
Any chance of getting the last version put up?

Zald

Oops. Sorry Hirahito. I just saw your post on the previous page that you are busy with "real" work. I just love your styles (I think "wax" is what I was using.) Unfortunately, I think I lost the .set file.

I'm going to start using Ander's set now, but its a bit plain for my tastes.

If anyone else has the Hirahito files handy, and can email/host them someplace, please let me know.

Thanks to EVERYONE doing the work on these!

Zald

Last edited:

DennisB

First Post
Siberys:

I am using your cards extensively and it is great, but there is still 2 small glitches.

1) You have no area wall icon
2) Could you allow the icons for us to add the # for range for quick reference?

Other than that, it is taking 1/2 the time to make a deck. you are the man.
(Or woman, whatever the case may be)

Siberys

Adventurer
Man. ;)

Anyways, for point one, sure. I had to make it myself, but it's in there now, as well as ranged blast and beast. In official monsters, an area wall would likely use the area burst graphic, but I like this better. Just use w.

As for range number, that'd be rather unwieldy, as sometimes you may have something like "Area wall 3 within 6 squares"; since all this info'd be typed into the text box, adding a new range# field seems unnecessary.

The fixed version of the style is in my sig now.

Waveblade

First Post
Adventurer's Vault FINALLY COMPLETED 14 DECEMBER

:cool::cool::cool:

After weeks of procrastinating and editing my work to bring it into line of what I wanted I've finally compiled the entire book. I've fixed up previous mistakes and completely redone the mounts. Also, all the new sections and some previous ones have new icons plus handy key.
Since the file is too large to host on here I have it on mediafire in it's pure form just in case the .rar doesn't work. The .rars of the PP and .PDF files are there as well- since this forum is currently very slow.
Adventurers Vault v1.0.pdf

Go here for the .rar which are with the other files.

DennisB

First Post
I have decided to use Siberys template to create the decks, it takes about 1 day to make a deck (what with a baby and a 9 year old with autism) where as it took 2 1/2 days to make it in the format i was doing. Special thanks to Siberys for creating the template and taking my suggestions on how to improve it a little here and there.

And again, it is complete up to 14 Dec 08, there will be updates as they become released.

Last edited:

Siberys

Adventurer
glad to know I'm appreciated! :)

I was thinking about removing the area blast template, as I checked the book and there... isn't one. :\ Of course, I could go the other way, and make a close wall symbol, even though there aren't any of those...

EDIT: I added it. Updated files are in my sig.

Last edited:

DennisB

First Post
Also, if you look in the forgotten realms handbook, you dont have all the paragon paths listed.

BTW how do i put the files I download like you have it so it is not just in one message box but all of them.

And are you going to do a magic item card? The feats are good.

Last edited:

Siberys

Adventurer
That one I was aware of. You'll note I said "All of the classes, races, paragon paths, and epic destinies I allow." I didn't like some of the PPs (I felt they were too foe-specific) so I don't allow 'em.

Adding more is trivial, though, so here's a quick tutorial

[sblock=Adding Classes, races, etc...]
Go to c:\program files\Magic Set Editor 2\data\4e.mse-game. Open the "game" file in notepad.

You should see the following;

attachment.php

Scroll down 'till you see this;

attachment.php

After that, it's pretty self explanatory. You'd be modifying the "type" section, and it's structured like this:

Code:
word list:
	name: type
	word:
		name: Class (first option)
		word:
			name: Eberron Player's Guide (first option of first option)
			word: Artificer (first option of first option of first option)
		word:
			name: Forgotten Realms Player's Guide (second option of first option)
			word: Spellscarred (first option of second option of first option)
			word: Swordmage (second option of second option of first option)
			word: Warlock (Dark) (third option of second option of first option)

etc. Just look at the structure in the text document. One thing to keep in mind is that you MUST use the correct number of tabs, or else there will be errors.[/sblock]

As far as your second question, I'm not quite sure what your asking. If you're asking how my previous posts with that linked to my .zip link to the current one, well, I just deleted the old file and replaced it with the new one, on the same "place" on the internet. Does that answer your question? :-S

As for Magic Items, that's what the yellow frame is for, and the newest version of the template has a Magic Item option in the dropdown. Click the same place you'd click to choose a class, and go to Other > Magic Item. It should look as follows;

[sblock=Magic Item Card]
attachment.php
[/sblock]

Attachments

• step 1.jpg
    step 1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 346
  • step 2.jpg
    step 2.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 399
  • mi.jpg
    mi.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:

DennisB

First Post
I was going to suggest Icons for each category of magic items and i have a file that has good ones, i will put it here, could you add to magic item section. as far as reprogramming, LMFAO, are you kidding, Back in the mid 80' when computers were just starting to get into schools, i crashed the entire system, so i dont go into programs no more.

update:
WOW i am actually doing it, I just dont know how to add fields.

Last edited:

Remove ads