Making your own power cards

DennisB

First Post
Here is the cleric deck. let me know where you can download it so i can tell my friends on other sights where to download it.

Last edited:

Siberys

Adventurer
Not to be a smart alec, but...

http://www.enworld.org/forum/attach...ing-your-own-power-cards-cleric-powers-v1.zip

the link in your post? :p

I can put it offsite, though. Is that the only deck you've got so far?

Anyways, I've updated the template, and the link is in my sig. It now contains magic item symbols in the symbol font. Each symbol for a magic item is bound to a number or one of the following: -=[]\

Caps for white, as always.

to see a list of these bindings in-program, put your pointer over the descriptor line. There will be a tooltip at the bottom explaining it.

DennisB

First Post
I have been doing a lot of testing today, i mean look at the cleric deck, looks good though, also, i have a 20 month old running around the house as well as a 9 year old with autism so i have my hands full, but by the time i get done i will have all the powers, magic items, rituals, feats and other stuff, Wizards is almost done.
Now i have 1 more project for you if you feel up to it some time this week, could you make a special card for monsters, i would like to help the DM's as well with monster decks.

Siberys

Adventurer
You could honestly do it just fine with the cards I have now, although you'd likely have to distribute them over multiple cards.

Also, I've updated the template YET AGAIN, this time with a slate-blue card to match the PHB (for characters), a maroon to match the DMG (for templates, traps, and skill challenges), and olive to match the MM (for monsters). I also added several more symbols, just for the hell of it. Link's in the sig.

Also, here's an example monster card I put together.

Attachments

• monster.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 119

DennisB

First Post
Ok the new colors are great, gives me more room to work with so i can input equipment as well. good job.

Now back to the monsters. could you do a double sided card, one side for stats and the other for descriptions. also, can you make it stand upright?
I have tried to input information on the other cards, however, some monsters have extensive information and will require both sides of the cards. and some will even require 2 cards. I know this is a lot to ask for, but we can do anything, we are good. (OOPS, I meant you are good) lol

Siberys

Adventurer
For a double-sided card, just make two cards and slide them both into a transparent sleeve - no need for a special template. And yes, multiple double-sided cards would be needed for some monsters, I'm sure. Portrait-oriented cards, though, would take more work - a LOT more work - and it seems to me that they wouldn't be able to fit as much information...

DennisB

First Post
I was thinking box information in portrait and description in landscape. sorry, i am not thinking much today and i probably am not going to finish the wizards cards today, am very sick.

Also, here is another suggestion, instead of making the attack and utility separate from level, try making it as one as it is universal and have it in the 2nd box and have the racial and feature and other stuff in the 3rd box. or have the feature and racial with the 2nd box as well in that list and everything else in the 3rd box.

Last edited:

DennisB

First Post
Could you put the decks where i can copy and paste direct links in another blog sight for those guys to download at will as well as the template so they can read it?

Remove ads