Making your own power cards

DennisB

First Post
Siberys

I keep getting 2 warning errors

Warnings while reading file:

on line 592: key:' strength and resolve to fight on.</i-flavor>' starts with a space; only use TABs for indentation

on line 592: Unexpected key: 'strength and resolve to fight on. </i-flavor>'

on line 651: key:' only when one of you is victorious.</i-flavor>' starts with a space; only use TABs for indentation

on line 651: Unexpected key: 'only when one of you is victorious. </i-flavor>'

And there is another one but i forgot what it is and when i see it again i will let you know. but it keeps shutting down the program and wont let me save. yesterday i was almost done with the paladin powers when it deleated it all so now i am saving every 20 min.

DennisB

First Post
Here is the other error:

Not enough separators for combine_editor, expected 3
In function combine_editor
In function forward_editor
While updating value 'sort type'

And
Stock overflow
This one crashed the MSE and wont let me save

I hope you know what these means, it is slightly annoying. But with as good as you are i know you can fix it.

Last edited:

Duniagdra

First Post
I may not be here often, but each time I return there is some awesome work being done. Good job to all who contribute to the cause.

eloquentaction, I'm patiently tracking your progress and am looking forward to any help I may be able to offer with this D&DI project. I was not aware though that D&DI is still limited to 3rd lvl. Guess I will not be subscribing anytime soon. lol

It's also good to see such positive reactions in the proposed "standardization" of the MSE Power Card sets. I think this will make for great future progress by essentially having this, as someone in this thread put it, "open source".

Also,
I've got the basics up and running for the development project(s):

Blog entry - toosigma » Blog Archive » D&D Software Project
Forum - toosigma.com • View forum - RPG Development
Wiki - Development Homepage - Toosigma

(they all say pretty much the same thing for now)

Any and all people who are interested in contributing (in whatever form) are welcome to join in.
Are these being used? I see posts by DrunkenEwok and elequentaction in the toosigma.com forum and am curious as to where all the current progress will be to stay up to date.

Jim.

DrunkenEwok

First Post
Also,
Are these being used? I see posts by DrunkenEwok and elequentaction in the toosigma.com forum and am curious as to where all the current progress will be to stay up to date.

Jim.
So far it's pretty quiet - which I'm hoping is primarily attributable to the holiday season. I know eloquentaction and thindariel have been communicating on the standardization project, so hopefully it will continue forward. I've also gotten requests from Dennis B to join the project(s). Anyone else is more than welcome to sign up (I've opened registration on everything, and it should stay that way until I get swamped with spam) even if all you want to do is make suggestions, it'll help keep the project on track.

For my own part, I plan to keep plugging away at it, regardless of any other participation, it'll just take a lot longer to get done. It'll also kinda defeat the purpose of a standardized format if I'm the only one using it... but I spose we'll see how things go.

Duniagdra

First Post
Also,

Jim.
So far it's pretty quiet - which I'm hoping is primarily attributable to the holiday season. I know eloquentaction and thindariel have been communicating on the standardization project, so hopefully it will continue forward. I've also gotten requests from Dennis B to join the project(s). Anyone else is more than welcome to sign up (I've opened registration on everything, and it should stay that way until I get swamped with spam) even if all you want to do is make suggestions, it'll help keep the project on track.

For my own part, I plan to keep plugging away at it, regardless of any other participation, it'll just take a lot longer to get done. It'll also kinda defeat the purpose of a standardized format if I'm the only one using it... but I spose we'll see how things go.
Right now, I'm seeing no reason for this to rush, but I do expect you're right that the holiday obligations are slowing this down. But from the reactions I've read thus far I'd say it's most unlikely that you'll be the only one using it or participating in its progress.
Actually, I am pretty far along on my decks of cards and don't want to quit now, take a look at what i mean. And with as many people who is downloading in 4 days then i think these are going to be another standardized version as well.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/4e-fan-creations-house-rules/246979-power-cards-downloads.html
Those are some respectable numbers for 4 days by your post.

eloquentaction

First Post
I may not be here often, but each time I return there is some awesome work being done. Good job to all who contribute to the cause.

eloquentaction, I'm patiently tracking your progress and am looking forward to any help I may be able to offer with this D&DI project. I was not aware though that D&DI is still limited to 3rd lvl. Guess I will not be subscribing anytime soon. lol

You should. DnDI includes monster creators, encounter editors, the character builder (which is supposed to include ALL levels come late January), as well as all of the Dragon articles. I can think of a lot worse things to do with $5.99 a month.

It's also good to see such positive reactions in the proposed "standardization" of the MSE Power Card sets. I think this will make for great future progress by essentially having this, as someone in this thread put it, "open source".

Also,

Jim.

I'm still plugging away at the UCS Project (Universal Card Set). I've included all of my 5th edition images as part of the new UCS. Basically, that includes 25 different background images (3 leather, 3 parchment, 5 metal, 2 stone, 3 wood and 10 user defined that can be changed), a 'standardized' set of icons that includes the new beast images and damage type images, 40 'standardized' background images that can optionally show up behind the rules and flavor text.

I'm also including my version 5 template as a starting point for everyone using the UCS. I'm going to have people using DrunkenEwoks web site beta test it to see if there are any suggestions before we release it to the general public.

I'm also rewriting my C# flat file parser and adding a lot of 'nice' things like the ability to mark sections of the rule text as a table (yes, I figured out how to make MSE used a fixed font for a table without using the stupid <code> tags that are abysmal to use). It's getting tweaked to also output the MSE-SET files as one huge file as well as individual files based on the class_race and card type field. I'm only going to release my 4.3 MSE-SET info to begin with (the version 5 info had a lot of stuff that I'm going to have to go back and clean up with the UCS version, so it's going to be delayed). That means UCS version 1 will have everything in the AV, everything in the MM, everything in the PHB, all of the FRPHB stuff and a few other add-ins like barbarian, artificer, etc. but not some of the latest things I've added and none of the MP stuff.

DrunkenEwok is a site hosting god. I appreciate him hosting things. I've been checking his site periodically but haven't seen much activity there, so I've been working mostly on getting things done.

Actually, I am pretty far along on my decks of cards and don't want to quit now, take a look at what i mean. And with as many people who is downloading in 4 days then i think these are going to be another standardized version as well.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/4e-fan-creations-house-rules/246979-power-cards-downloads.html

DennisB -

Your cards look good!

But I think you're misunderstanding what we mean by 'standard.' You've written your own GAME file, which means it's not standard. The UCS is a move to use common resources and the SAME GAME file. That's important because it means anyone that uses cards written for the UCS can interchange them with anyone who has written UCS templates. If they like your initiative cards better (for example), they can use them and still use Thindariels cards (or my poor attempt). The point being is; they don't have to cross their fingers or do some sort of hack to make their cards work if they want to change templates.

-- Hirahito

Bayuer

First Post
DennisB
I hope you didn't ened with creating power cards from your older project (wizard powers). The images are great and I like them very much even if I can't edit the cards. So what. Siberys power cards are nice but your version was much cooler!

DennisB

First Post
It was cooler but i was running into a lot of problems in making them, as well as it took about 3 1/2 min to make where as it now takes about 30 sec to make, do the math, lol. now, if you can fix the MSE program of that style i will make those cards as well, i can't figure it out.

And as far as eloquentaction post, all the decks that i am making is going to be the same template so that means no more downloading after that. the only problem I am having ts the monster cards, anyone got any ideas?
Some of the monsters have extensive information that wont fit in the cards or even 2 cards on both sides.

Right now i am working on the heroic teir feats, it will be done tonight, tomorrow i am going to get the warlock, and 3 days later (because there is so many of them) i am going to post the ranger powers.

Last edited:

DennisB

First Post
The Feats - Heroic Tear deck is completed everyone, feats from the players Handbook, Forgotten Realms, and the Martial Powers Handbook.

Others will be forthcoming.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases