Making your own power cards

Netminder69

First Post
After about a week of wrangling and design, Black Plauge and I have come up with what we feel is a serviceable design for using MSE to make character cards. You can check out the evolution in this thread at DragonAvenue. A lot of the numbers and such are automated (surges, HP calculation, ability modifiers), and I think it looks pretty darn good.

I like this idea...but it doesn't work. I load this card into MSE and first I get a bunch of error boxes, then the cards themselves don't work. HP doesn't calc correctly, Ability modifiers show 1/2 points, etc. Is it because I'm using the latest version of MSE? (0.3.7 beta)

RangerRob

First Post
Version 1 of the UCS is going Beta. We'll have a few people check it on TooSigma before releasing it.

-- The UCS team

I just wanted to drop in a note to say that this is a fabulous idea to create a central and standard format for the card data. I cringed every time I saw yet another person having to re-enter all the power/item/etc data that was already done in a previous set by someone else.

It should make maintaining a complete set of cards possible. Thank you for the amazing efforts!

Rob

eloquentaction

First Post
Sample card image from the UCS version 1.

Hope you guys enjoy. This is just from *ONE* designer in a beta project.

So far we've got at least two card styles in works with a lot more in the future if more card designers will step forward.

NOTE: Yes, the icons are a bit off, the styling isn't perfect. It's a BETA, people! ;-)

Attachments

• Sample Card.jpg
    Sample Card.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 168

DennisB

First Post
Siberys:
I found a great monster card template. It calculates the stats for you as well. So i am going to do the monsters as well while i am doing everything so I wont fall behind too far.

DennisB

First Post
I will post the template this weekend then. I will be jotting down all the monsters from all the sources anyways after the magic items are posted on my link below.

P.S. I have just completed the warlord's powers and included in them is the powers from the manual of the planes.

DennisB

First Post
misalo1:
Tell you what, would you help me get the monster deck together and i will mail you the template now. It would take me a month to get all the monsters on individual cards.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases