Making your own power cards

pdzoch

Explorer
O.k. Thanks. I'll get both versions converted to MSE sets and post them in the next day or so. Sometime I will figure out a way to make a new template for the backs for maximum flexibility for everyone.

Siberys

Adventurer
Hay Siberys, How are you doing, I already did the MSE thing with the card backs. too little too late. lol

My intention is to make a dedicated template for these card backs, including;

User-choice of portrait or landscape
User choice for the color of the card
User-entered text
user-entered image
a space to indicate what is on the other side (A text box to type in, say, the name of the power on the other side)

Yours is just an image cell containing pre-determined images. Works great for those backs already produced, but if someone wanted an image of their own, or has their own color scheme, or their own text, etc., it doesn't exactly work without asking pdzoch to make some more.

And, pdzoch, all I need from you is, as I said, a blank card. Then a template can be made.

disarray2

First Post
It would be really helpful if someone could make the card backs for Anders set so those of us who use that style wouldn't need to download another set. Is that possible?

Siberys

Adventurer
Well, not if you wanted to be able to edit what the back looked like. If you just wanted to set it as a pre-set image, then it'd be easy, but that wouldn't be well-built...

Actually, now that I think about it, I could do that, but it would take a metric ton of code, and it would only be usable by those who use Ander's template. Making a whole new template would be easier and accessible to a much wider audience, and templates don't take up a whole lot of space - they're just some images and text documents.

disarray2

First Post
Well, not if you wanted to be able to edit what the back looked like. If you just wanted to set it as a pre-set image, then it'd be easy, but that wouldn't be well-built...

Actually, now that I think about it, I could do that, but it would take a metric ton of code, and it would only be usable by those who use Ander's template. Making a whole new template would be easier and accessible to a much wider audience, and templates don't take up a whole lot of space - they're just some images and text documents.

I just read your post about making a separate one. Sounds good. I was just going off of needing to download Dennis' stuff to have them as card backs. But a nice neat self contained one would be good. :)

Remove ads