Making your own power cards

Siberys

Adventurer
PDZoch's Card Back Template is finished! The link is in my sig.

It'll print 6 cards to a sheet. I couldn't figure out how to get it to change dimensions based on if the card was portrait or landscape, but that's the only side effect. I have an idea for how to get it to fit 9 to a sheet, but it'd take a fair bit of work, so I'm not sure if I'll do it. Plus, if I did do it, landscape cards would appear sideways in-program...

I took the liberty of making Arial and Iokharic available as alternate fonts, as styling options. Arial, because it's common and very easy to read, and Iokharic on a whim. Iokharic is the official draconic script for D&D, and I converted it to a Truetype font for my personal use. You can download it in my sig, too.

How's that look, PDZoch? I didn't try and match exactly the colors used in official books, though; For example, the green I used is brighter and less pale.

FEATURES
• The D&D logo is removable.
• There is a field for entering information about what's on the reverse of the card, and a bulge in the card's border is what contains this info. However, that bulge does not appear unless information is entered into the field.
• Similarly, there is an "Orb", as seen in PDZoch's location backs above, that does not appear unless information is entered.
• You can switch the card between portrait and landscape.
• Features a large number of color options - Red, Green, Black, Orange, Yellow, Blue, Purple, Brown, Grey, White, PHB Blue, DMG Red, and MM Green. The same swatch as in my own power card template, in fact... :devil:
• As aforementioned, you may switch between 3 fonts. Additionally, the font size can be changed, and the font color can be set to Black, White, or Red.
• And, of course, the image used as the background can be changed.

Last edited:

pdzoch

Explorer
Absolutely beautiful. Great job. Bugger about the printing issue, but it will be debug by someone eventually I am sure. I'll replicate my sets and post them here in a few moments. Then everyone will have access to the images and then can modify them as they wish for whatever purpose they want.

pdzoch

Explorer
Card Backs

I have finished replicating all my card designs into the new MSE card set. You will need the card back template coded for me by Siberys (which is included in the zip). I've included both horizontal and vertical card versions. Plus I included a few more extra cards of each type based on the images I had available. I moved all the location cards to the end of the set (since not everyone will use them). This should give everyone enough options with enough images and flexibility to create whatever card backs they want for thier cards.

Siberys and DennisB will include this set on their download pages. And they may be included in the UCS still in progess by other coders.

Attachments

• pdzoch.zip
    10.2 MB · Views: 127
  • Encounter 4.jpg
    Encounter 4.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 120
  • Encounter Card 4.jpg
    Encounter Card 4.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Siberys

Adventurer
I haven't got that font. However, adding new fonts is easy.

1. Open the style file in Notepad.
2. Scroll down until you find "card_font"
3. Add in, after Iokharic,
else if styling.font == "Midevil Magic" then "Midevil Magic"
4. Scroll down until you find the styling field named "font"
5. Add in
choice: Midevil Magic
6. Make sure the tabs match.
7. Save and enjoy.

Also, are you sure you don't mean medieval? I could be wrong, of course, but...?

pdzoch

Explorer
Siberys,

I think I figured out the printing problem. I sent you a possible fix in direct emai. In a nutshell, two style-sheets are needed because your orientation option always preserves the entire canvas, regardless of which orientation is selected. Should be an easy fix.

DennisB

First Post
siberys, I had it all wrong anyways, it was MagicMedieval font. and now I am going to try it out.

Update:
Something is wrong with the font section, all the fonts are the same no matter which one you pick.

Last edited:

DennisB

First Post
Nice job, as always, on fixing that, that's why you're the man Siberys.

Also, I have gotten lots of request for fillable stats boxes (3 is all we need) for powers and magic items How hard would that be?

Last edited:

Remove ads