Making your own power cards

C_M2008

First Post
Since the Gold Amount is tied to the items level, can a formula not be entered in the UCS file that auto-fills/calculates the GP Value of an item?
But, since their are so many variables, I can see that a large number of inputs would be required.

If someone is doing magic item cards for the UCS I would suggest that weapons/armor should be left "Blank": Delvers Armor for example and then the text for what it does, with a spot for the user to add weapon/armor type and the plus(an embedded formula changing the rules text according to the plus entered perhaps?) as well as Level. A page reference would also be useful.

Is there anything we computer illiterate can do to help with the UCS?

DennisB

First Post
Here is a look at the updates done on the cards

As you can tell, the daily cards are not black and white now and the text on the right is now black

GuardianofFaith.jpg

The special and surge stickers are going to be in the format section in the menu bar on the top, this is optional if you want them in there or not.

HealingWord-1.jpg

As you can see, if a power's text gets to be too extensive then the text will shrink automatically.

FeyStep.jpg

Today we are working on adding the keyword icons on the top right section. and the "Equipment type" is going to be left blank so all information can be imputed.

The ander stuff gets updated after every magazine. How much more often do you need it? Ander00 hasn't updated anything in a long time. Other people are.

Yes, I read tone into it. Considering he was told twice already that the ander decks were updated, I can only go on he's ignoring the fact for his own reasons.

I don't want to get into a pissing contest. Women always lose those with you guys. /sigh. I do, however, want the work that myself and many others have done to not be trashed.

Can we get a sticky for the power cards efforts of the various folks so people don't have to hunt a 80-page thread for them?

DennisB

First Post
Here is what is going to happen with the magic item cards:
1) The 7 boxes on the left side are going to be standard for all magic item cards. this saves time on making the cards in the first place and wont clutter the right side.
2) as I said before, the keyword icons will be on the top right section.
3) as you can see some magic item has 2 power types: in this case, at-will and daily, what we are going to do in this case is install 2 drop down boxes side by side on the bottom right section and if 2 is needed then they will shrink to fit the book and page reference still.
4) doing the box to the left saves more for the Power information on the right so it is easier to read.

Any Questions or suggestions let me know.

ArmorofSacrifice.jpg

Bayuer

First Post
Surge and Special are to bright. Try to blend them into card. Now ther are a very diffrent from the rest of the card. Also with all this boxes. Why so many? Level ok. Bonus/GP -> Type all the prices and bonus somewhere (maybe right side). Enchancement, well if you realy need it. I will type in. Critical - ok. Implement? What for?

DennisB

First Post
The boxes are write able, not Type able, it was requested that way by quite a few people.
As far as the level and gold, well it takes too long to input that information after a few hundred cards, this way is quick and so easy to make the item cards.
However, I will look into making the boxes optional either way. but i can not promise anything.

DennisB

First Post
It is going to start off as write able and after we get the card the main way then we will look into making it type able as well, will that work?

misalo1

Explorer
Another Icon

The 19th Level Ranger Attack 'Ferocious Roar' has the following attack...

Close burst 2 (beast)

So here is the icon
----------------------
Also included are my other beast icons

Beast
Melee / Beast

Attachments

• attack_beast_burst.png
    attack_beast_burst.png
    5 KB · Views: 466
  • attack_beast.png
    attack_beast.png