Making your own power cards

bmcdaniel

Adventurer
If possible, It'd be great to get these formatted for business card size. You can buy pre-punched sheets of business card stock. You can't for playing card stock :(

BMM

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
This is just stupid and dangerous.

Making your own power cords is stupid and dangerous.

You could start fires people. Just spend the 5 bucks at the hardware store.

Yes, I know I'm nuts but I've been seeing this thread and misreading the title every time.

drjones

Explorer
In my opine the new symbols are unintuitive. I don't have a better set to offer, it just seems to add a new system to learn to use the cards which lessens the economy of design you have otherwise created. But I suppose the price is right?

Other than that they look great.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
drjones said:
In my opine the new symbols are unintuitive. I don't have a better set to offer, it just seems to add a new system to learn to use the cards which lessens the economy of design you have otherwise created. But I suppose the price is right?

Other than that they look great.
Well, the symbols are just extras. You don't need the symbols to understand the card.

This said, I really like the lower batch, as we have ranged/melee powers, we don't always get a single symbol, so I like it shifted into the notches - the bubble should only hold a single symbol. A small range indicator as subscript for the ranged symbol would also be pretty rad.

Also: Please keep the bubble without any special colour - after seeing it, I really have to say, it makes the cards to overloaded with information (colour-wise) and distracts.

Cheers, LT.

MintMMs

First Post
Wow

Those are incredible! My vote is for the bottom set as well.

Though for icons, I'd try a hand for Standard, a boot for Movement and a lightning bolt for Immediate actions. I don't have a good idea for a Minor action, but what types of things can you do in a Minor? A picture of a common minor action would be perfect. (Is quaffing potions a minor?)

Shado

Explorer
bmcdaniel said:
If possible, It'd be great to get these formatted for business card size. You can buy pre-punched sheets of business card stock. You can't for playing card stock :(

BMM

Look out!

plaincards.com

(Been ready for this one! Started plotting out cards as soon as they first revealed powers. ;) )

WhatGravitas

Explorer
What about the attached image as symbol for a standard action - it represents general activity.

Cheers, LT.

Attachments

• action.png
    action.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 208

tintagel

Explorer
bmcdaniel said:

BMM

Hey BMM, This is how we are doing this:
  • Buy some card sleeves from your local gaming store. You can get 50 for about 1-2 bucks. I bought 50 red, 50 green, and 50 black.
  • Get a friend who has some old Magic The Gathering cards, or others of similar size. Get them cheap or free (probably free) - just get junk cards like lands or commons.
  • Slide 1 card into the sleeve for backing
  • Print these cards on regular paper and cut them out.
  • slide them in front of the regular card in the sleeve.

Enjoy a durable and protected card, with sleeves color-coded by frequency type!

WhatGravitas

Explorer
tintagel said:
I like that one, Tirian!
Well, thanks. The design is inspired by your icons - though I'm a bit concerned about the similarity to the minor action symbol - perhaps it should rather be two interlocking wheels?

Cheers, LT.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases