Making your own power cards

eloquentaction

First Post
Just a note for those of you that have expressed interest; the UCS Deck Splitter has been completed and is on the toosigma website (link in sig).

It only works with the UCS deck.

It's very much alpha.

It will most likely kill your dog, get your girlfriend pregnant, steal your car, destroy your house and give you hairy palms and bad eyesight.

But hey, it splits the deck.

Try it out and give me feedback.

-- Hirahito

wagenejm

First Post
This sounds great. I wasn't looking forward to re-parsing the sets over and over again, and if the deck splitter can split cards out by timestamp of their add/modify, I can handle that. I'll have to try out the splitter sometime this weekend if I get a chance. I'm having to hurry to finish up my next adventure :p

wagenejm

First Post
One more question, sorry.

From glancing at the UCS Card Entry page, it seems that entire publications are being added as a whole, rather than just cards willy-nilly whenever they're done. Is this correct?

If you are adding to the set on blocks of entire publications (magazines, books), my worry about parsing out new cards from updated sets really ends up being a moot point, because the "updated cards" will be whichever sets are completed.

I appreciate all your efforts, and so do my players.

misalo1

Explorer
@Hirahito

I'm back.....

Here's one for Traps (a la Dr. Jones)

Attachments

• misc_trap.png
    misc_trap.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 1,133

Nytmare

David Jose
Hey, I made some new backs!

They're kinda sloppy, sorry. I needed to rush them out so I could print them in time for my game. There are more in the works.

red1.jpg

green1.jpg

blue1.jpg

purple1.jpg

red2.jpg

green2.jpg

blue2.jpg

purple2.jpg

dzokvic

First Post
Would you upload the PSD-s somewhere?

Here ya go.

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Sorry that took me so long to get posted; things have been a little hectic around here recently. You'll have to get the fonts yourself, as I am still not sure of the legality of releasing them. A quick Google search can tell you how to get them out of the various PDF's that WotC has published.

Thanks again for your interest!

DanmarLOK

First Post
FYI, the person who's doing basically what the power cards is doing only through a web site rather than MSE apparently received a C&D from Wizards...

Sorry for not responding to all the requests!

The much anticipated Cease and Desist letter finally came from Wizards. It was a little earlier than I expected, since their powercards are not going to hit the market for another month or so. Either way, I appreciate all the support. I have a few ideas on how to rework what I've done in order to keep this project alive, but in between my full time job and my contracting I don't have too much time for play! I keep you guys in the loop if I divine some time for the additional programming!

Black Plauge

First Post
Well, the advantage to using MSE, is that all WotC can order a cease and desist on is the production of the card sets that contain their copyrighted text. The concept of power cards is not copyrightable and the design of any power cards made in MSE remains the IP of the designer, to do with as they please.

It's sticking points like that that allow MSE itself to continue operating.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Well, the advantage to using MSE, is that all WotC can order a cease and desist on is the production of the card sets that contain their copyrighted text. The concept of power cards is not copyrightable and the design of any power cards made in MSE remains the IP of the designer, to do with as they please.

It's sticking points like that that allow MSE itself to continue operating.
You missed copyright images and trademarked logo's ...or other trademarked things.

Remove ads