Making your own power cards

WhatGravitas

Explorer
You missed copyright images and trademarked logo's ...or other trademarked things.
Well, most icons and symbols and so on are pretty much all self-made - by Grandpa, misalo and co. The only things re-used are the blast/burst/melee/ranged icons from the MM. These are quickly replaced by something similar that conveys the same idea.

And once the DDI -> powercards converter works, we really don't have to use anything directly from WotC.

Cheers, LT.

catsclaw227

First Post
And once the DDI -> powercards converter works, we really don't have to use anything directly from WotC.
Except that I am pretty sure that the *.dnd4e files for characters don't have the power card text within the XML. So you would still have the full WOTC power text issue to contend with.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Except that I am pretty sure that the *.dnd4e files for characters don't have the power card text within the XML. So you would still have the full WOTC power text issue to contend with.
Haven't looked at them yet, so well, that's probably bad - but seriously, having the template alone is pretty great already!

Cheers, LT.

Timba

First Post
dzokvic

Thank you very much! :) Does it contain only the daily (black) card? I have found only that. Sorry, I'm not a Photoshop expert.

Last edited:

Mercutio01

First Post
Since I made a large portion of the icons in my set with Black Plauge, I'm not worried about that being an issue. I stopped putting my power cards online anyway because not many people were downloading. (Per mediafire, I've got about 1500 downloads per set for the basic PHB1 classes). Plus the tediousness of hand entering all the data was driving me nuts. Now I only make the cards that I need.

Mercutio01

First Post
I'll soon have that kind of time myself. I just finished my advanced degree (a Master's in Creative Writing--I'm a poet), and I'll soon be staying home with my second daughter (in April).

That said, I think I'll stay away from the IP C&D stuff by not posting anything other than templates, if I even feel the need to tweak what I have, which so far I don't.

I do have to say that I'm liking the UCS idea. I think Hirahito (Eloquentaction) et al have done a fantastic job with it. I still like mine though because I like using visual icons rather than text.

Remove ads