Making your own power cards

Siberys

Adventurer
If you know an existing formatting-based programming language (such as javascript) it's pretty easy. You basically define the various areas in the mse-game file, then define their placement and looks in the mse-style folder.

The best way to learn it is to take an existing template and mod it. If you do that long enough, you'll start grokking the structure and can start making very heavy modifications, or even design your own.

I can't do a full tutorial, but if you have more specific questions, I can probably help; I've made several templates.

Maybe I am just being dumb and can't find what I am looking for, but how do I change the card type from Power to say Class Info in the Thindaraiel 5.1 template? I am trying to make power cards but I just can't figure that part out.

zoggynog

First Post
Has anyone ever figured out a way to print power cards that are formatted for 3X5 note cards?

I've found many good ways to make cards, but the pain of it all is cutting them out.

Sure would be nice to load up some 3X5 note cards and hit print.

zoggynog

First Post
I have been able to some degree to make a index sized word document that will print straight to 3X5 note cards, no need for special paper.

The problem is I haven't ever found a quick little program that I could just hit print from to make these cards quickly. Instead I have to edit my little template, which isnt advanced enough to do things like shrink font size to fit more text into the same area physical area on a card. I still haven't figured out how to get it to do borderless printing as well...always leaves a small margin on the cards.

Many printers can directly print to 3X5 these days. I'm very surprised by now that no one has created a program made to print directly to them, think how great that would be.

Apocrypha

First Post
Hi, all

I've recently found a D&D 4e group to start playing again with and I am now coming back to making/printing power cards using MSE/UCS/Ander template. I am having a problem though...I have all these sets that I was working on ages ago but they now no longer work properly as they are complaining about not being able to find the Ander00-Horizontal Stylesheet. I have the Ander template from this thread but cannot find for the life of me the Ander00-Hoizontal stylesheet these file are complaining about.

Does anyone have any idea at all where I can find the zip that has this? I am desperate. I realize this thread hasn't seen any action for about a year now but I am hoping someone knows what I am talking about.

EDIT:
Found them but i can't post the link.
Still having some problems in that all the text on the cards in the sets aren't showing up for some reason. Guess I'll have to just keep plugging away at until I figure it out. May be I have to use an older version of MSE.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases