Making your own power cards

quindia

First Post
Some of my friends who attended the DDXP told me a couple of the DM's mentioned the Player Character Sheets were going to come with power cards. Reading the description from the product, I see no mention of this so I dismissed this as speculation.

You have to figure that WotC will produce these at some point. They are already set up to make cards. Personally I'd rather see them produced as a PDF so we can print them ourselves, along with blanks to add our own.

I may just make my own or maybe I'll use the ones being developed here :cool: !

ArturusX

First Post
Trolls said:
Before that, though, we need a symbol for free actions!

Howzabout a more intuitive/simple idea for all of the action icons?

Let's presume there are 5 action types: Standard, Move, Minor, Immediate, and Free in decreasing order of time necessary to perform the action. All that differs is the time necessary to perform the action, so what better way to denote them than with a clock!

Standard: "Stopwatch" icon with the face completely dark.
Move: "Stopwatch" icon with all but the upper-left quadrant of the face dark.
Minor: "Stopwatch" icon with only the right side of the face dark.
Immediate: "Stopwatch" icon with only the upper-right quadrant dark.
Free: "Stopwatch" icon with nothing dark.

Alternatively, you could just use a circle with pie pieces filled in if a stopwatch icon looks tacky or you're having difficulty finding one. I think this is far more intuitive and more immediately identifies how long the action you're doing takes. Not to detract from the excellent icons already presented for the various action types of course. :)

Whaddaya think?

- Art

drjones

Explorer
quindia said:
Some of my friends who attended the DDXP told me a couple of the DM's mentioned the Player Character Sheets were going to come with power cards. Reading the description from the product, I see no mention of this so I dismissed this as speculation.

You have to figure that WotC will produce these at some point. They are already set up to make cards. Personally I'd rather see them produced as a PDF so we can print them ourselves, along with blanks to add our own.

I may just make my own or maybe I'll use the ones being developed here :cool: !

The wotc site lists power cards as being part of the Friday preview. Doesn't mean yours are not better of course.

HeinorNY

First Post
Here are the power cards, I think...

savemygame_20080227_1.jpg

Alkiera

First Post
ainatan said:
Here are the power cards, I think...

savemygame_20080227_1.jpg

Those would get a great big 'meh' from me. If WotC is doing them, I want something like the WoW TCG ability cards. Heck, I'd think it'd make more sense to use WoW TCG cards as a template rather than magic cards. If the WotC power cards aren't attractive (glossy, permanent, colorful, nice art, etc0, they will not be bought.

If a class from 1-30 has ~80 powers, I'd consider paying $20-25 for a deck of high-quality cards with all the powers for the class. Or maybe sell them in tiers, 20-30 cards for $10. Might have to put paragon/epic powers in collections to get enough cards to be worth distributing. Fixed packs, by class, means people can pick them up as a game aid, like dice. If they are in any way random/'collectable' they will be useless for the RPG.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases