Making your own power cards - Page 24

+ Log in or register to post
Page 24 of 200 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 74 124 ... LastLast
    Great work, folks. I've been working on my own cards as well. They won't really benefit anyone else because I am only planning on making cards for the powers my players choose as they need them (I have no where near enough free time to attempt to make a full set at this time), but I thought I'd add ideas to the design pool...

I printed a few on high gloss photo paper and placed them in card protector sleeves and I am extremely happy with the results. I decided to not try to add graphics to the cards because some of the powers (Mage Hand for one) completely fill the space. I also left off "At Will", etc. as the color of the card (and the backing of my card protectors) will be obvious.
    Clarence Harrison
    www.quindia.com

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore hennebeck
    I didn't want this lost.
    How's it going Trolls?
    I know internet time is infintely faster than real time, but I was hoping you might maybe be finished.

Also quindia, what program did you use and do you have templates?

I think having a site dedicated or a forum, where people can pick and choose which format they like would be great and as some people build them they repost them, eventually a newbie would come by and get a full set, but for now we could be making and using the ones we need and sharing them.
    ~Hakuna Matata~
    That's dwarven for, "I got an axe an' I aint afraid ta use it."

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore FreeXenon
    quindia: Nice. Simple.
    PBP Games I'm In/Run

Shemeska's Planescape Story Hour

And you got a sandwich out of it too. Nisha said. Our sandwiches come with attempted assassination plots. New sales gimmick!

"Chuck Norris is the reason Ilmater suffers."
    by Simplicity in thread "Humor - Chuck Norris to be in the 4e Core Pantheon"

"English is not nice, comfy, orderly language. As others have noted - in dark alleys, it mugs other languages and rifles through their pockets for loose grammar. Do you think that after committing such molestation that English is going to be particularly prissy about where it sticks which plural?"
    by Umbran in Non-d20 - Origin of Slang Term "Boni"? (post 24)

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Ignore ShinHakkaider
    Quote Originally Posted by quindia
    Great work, folks. I've been working on my own cards as well. They won't really benefit anyone else because I am only planning on making cards for the powers my players choose as they need them (I have no where near enough free time to attempt to make a full set at this time), but I thought I'd add ideas to the design pool...

I printed a few on high gloss photo paper and placed them in card protector sleeves and I am extremely happy with the results. I decided to not try to add graphics to the cards because some of the powers (Mage Hand for one) completely fill the space. I also left off "At Will", etc. as the color of the card (and the backing of my card protectors) will be obvious.
    Holy Crap.

I think these and Trolls are the best ones I've seen so far. I really like the simplicity of the design. Are you sure there's no way that you can throw a template up somewhere? Or at least tell those of us who are not artistically inclined, but still have access to a copy of Photoshop how you made these?
    I'm thinking you're totally out to lunch on this one. Find another form of foreplay that doesn't involve 3 hours of explanation and a pocket calculator.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore Cadilon
    Yes, even a copy of the photoshop file would be a great help.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinHakkaider
    Holy Crap.

I think these and Trolls are the best ones I've seen so far. I really like the simplicity of the design. Are you sure there's no way that you can throw a template up somewhere? Or at least tell those of us who are not artistically inclined, but still have access to a copy of Photoshop how you made these?

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Blog Entries

Ignore ThirdWizard
    I could see an application that would take an XML file and use a card template to make a printout of customizable cards. Or maybe a pdf document, web page, or some other such thing with forms that could fill in cards similar to Magic, the Creation.
    "If you map Pokemon to cyberpunk themes and assume the bright and shiny veneer of the show and games is simply what the megacorps want you to see, it's a perfect fit. Genetically engineered monsters, some of them of human-level sentience, engage in brutal pit fights at the behest of malnourished vagabond adolescants while shadowy corporations operate in the background and superficially cheerful female nurse clones (or androids) tend to the every need of monster and trainer alike..."
    - MoogleEmpMog

Shop around at ThirdWizard's Magic Item Bazaar
    Read my Story Hour! From the Ashes

The program I used was CorelDraw and I will be happy to post the CDR file for those with that program if anyone is interested. I'll post a blank Photoshop file of the basic card background as well for folks who want to drop their own text on top of it.

Give me a day or so.
    Clarence Harrison
    www.quindia.com

Here are JPG's of the backgrounds. I'll post the CDR tomorrow...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pcatwill.jpg   pcencounter.jpg   pcdaily.jpg  
    Clarence Harrison
    www.quindia.com

Holy Double Crap!

Quindia and Trolls, your work is awesome. I can't decide which layout I prefer. Congratulations to you both!

Morning, all. Since the CDR is not an allowed file type for attachment to the board, I dropped it into the web. You can find it here:

Power Cards CorelDraw File

The file is just over 1Mb and contains three cards (one of each color) and the symbols I made to go in the bubbles. You can open the file with CorelDraw 12 or higher or probably import it Adobe Illustrator if you have that program. The newer versions of WordPerfect may also be able to open/import it but I don't own that program. If you are successful with any other combination, post it here!

I embedded the fonts, but just in case, the serif font is Flareserif 821 BT and the body text is simply AvantGarde BK.
    Clarence Harrison
    www.quindia.com

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 24 of 200 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 74 124 ... LastLast