Making your own power cards

quindia

First Post
Great work, folks. I've been working on my own cards as well. They won't really benefit anyone else because I am only planning on making cards for the powers my players choose as they need them (I have no where near enough free time to attempt to make a full set at this time), but I thought I'd add ideas to the design pool...

powercards.jpg

I printed a few on high gloss photo paper and placed them in card protector sleeves and I am extremely happy with the results. I decided to not try to add graphics to the cards because some of the powers (Mage Hand for one) completely fill the space. I also left off "At Will", etc. as the color of the card (and the backing of my card protectors) will be obvious.

hennebeck

First Post
I didn't want this lost.
How's it going Trolls?
I know internet time is infintely faster than real time, but I was hoping you might maybe be finished.

Also quindia, what program did you use and do you have templates?

I think having a site dedicated or a forum, where people can pick and choose which format they like would be great and as some people build them they repost them, eventually a newbie would come by and get a full set, but for now we could be making and using the ones we need and sharing them.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
quindia said:
Great work, folks. I've been working on my own cards as well. They won't really benefit anyone else because I am only planning on making cards for the powers my players choose as they need them (I have no where near enough free time to attempt to make a full set at this time), but I thought I'd add ideas to the design pool...

powercards.jpg

I printed a few on high gloss photo paper and placed them in card protector sleeves and I am extremely happy with the results. I decided to not try to add graphics to the cards because some of the powers (Mage Hand for one) completely fill the space. I also left off "At Will", etc. as the color of the card (and the backing of my card protectors) will be obvious.

Holy Crap.

I think these and Trolls are the best ones I've seen so far. I really like the simplicity of the design. Are you sure there's no way that you can throw a template up somewhere? Or at least tell those of us who are not artistically inclined, but still have access to a copy of Photoshop how you made these?

Cadilon

First Post
Yes, even a copy of the photoshop file would be a great help.

ShinHakkaider said:
Holy Crap.

I think these and Trolls are the best ones I've seen so far. I really like the simplicity of the design. Are you sure there's no way that you can throw a template up somewhere? Or at least tell those of us who are not artistically inclined, but still have access to a copy of Photoshop how you made these?

ThirdWizard

First Post
I could see an application that would take an XML file and use a card template to make a printout of customizable cards. Or maybe a pdf document, web page, or some other such thing with forms that could fill in cards similar to Magic, the Creation.

quindia

First Post
The program I used was CorelDraw and I will be happy to post the CDR file for those with that program if anyone is interested. I'll post a blank Photoshop file of the basic card background as well for folks who want to drop their own text on top of it.

Give me a day or so.

quindia

First Post
Here are JPG's of the backgrounds. I'll post the CDR tomorrow...

Attachments

• pcatwill.jpg
    pcatwill.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 627
  • pcencounter.jpg
    pcencounter.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 562
  • pcdaily.jpg
    pcdaily.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 522

quindia

First Post
Morning, all. Since the CDR is not an allowed file type for attachment to the board, I dropped it into the web. You can find it here:

Power Cards CorelDraw File

The file is just over 1Mb and contains three cards (one of each color) and the symbols I made to go in the bubbles. You can open the file with CorelDraw 12 or higher or probably import it Adobe Illustrator if you have that program. The newer versions of WordPerfect may also be able to open/import it but I don't own that program. If you are successful with any other combination, post it here!

I embedded the fonts, but just in case, the serif font is Flareserif 821 BT and the body text is simply AvantGarde BK.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases