Making your own power cards

Khaalis

Adventurer
Ok, for anyone who doesn't want to wait for a complete updated package, I managed to get the White Quindia card functioning in the script and get it to convert the text to black. The image is named in the same naming format Randolph laid out. Thanks Randolph for making the scripting so easy to follow.

I have attached the style and image file (in .zip) format.

To install: Simply unzip the files into the "D&D-quindia.mse-style" folder.
(I would suggest changing the name of the original file to style_BU.txt or something similar just in case. I work in IT so I believe in backups for everything.)

Attachments

• style.zip
    42.1 KB · Views: 203

Mercutio01

First Post
I printed a couple cards today and took a couple snapshots to show what they'd look like in actual play. I thought you might like to see.

Attachments

• DSC01490.JPG
    DSC01490.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 457
  • DSC01488.JPG
    DSC01488.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 483

beverson

First Post
randolph said:
General
* Now a "standalone" MSE package, no longer requires installing M:tG MSE files
* Watermarking now supported, but not included in any style files yet - I don't have any decent artwork.
* Card color selection now lists "Daily," "Encounter," and "At-Will," plus some color names. Will adjust the other color names per consensus.

Template specific

Quindia:
* Now supports Silver and Gold cards
* Quick-and-dirty fix for super long names and/or descriptors: secondary fields for both that will auto-scale fontsize to fit. Use these instead of the primary fields when this comes up.
* Added Basic Melee, Basic Ranged, and Basic Hybrid (Basic Melee/Ranged) icons.

Trolls:
* Now has drop-shadow in both primary and secondary name fields.

R:
* Now supports "Silver" and "Gold" cards... Though they're pretty hideous.
* Added Basic Melee, Basic Ranged, and Basic Hybrid (Basic Melee/Ranged) icons.

Known Issues
* I probably broke some set files made with yesterday's release, sorry. This time, it should only be the card colors.

Planned Features
* Create a modification of my symbol font to support Trolls' template.
* Represent Power Source and source of power visually... somehow...
* Finish the DDXP pregen power set, with images (50% complete).

I just downloaded this update and unzipped it into my MSE Data directory, along with the style update a couple of posts later, but when I try to make cards, I can't get the colors to change - I've clicked everywhere I can think of to right click, and there's no options at all...am I missing something?

Beastman

First Post
Khaalis said:
For Beastman ...

How are you getting 9 cards per sheet? Are they standard 3.5" x 2.5"? What program are you using to build the print sheets?

What I've been doing is exporting all the .jpg files then adding them into a Word template that uses tables so I can do a 2 sided print if I want (allowing for a printed card back on the same card - printed on card stock). However, the max I can get is 8 cards per page in landscape this way.

I have old Adobe acrobat 6 installed which itself installs a PDF-Printer. I simply printed the cards as PDF-file and voila...

Attached are the Paladin powers and the thanx to the Script-Modder golden Primary Magic Item Cards. As you can see, the Item names are hard to read (as are the line at the bottom of the card. So...

To Quindia: Can you make the gold-color somewhat darker please. Same is with the silver card. thanx

Attachments

• Paladin Power Printout.pdf
    164 KB · Views: 300
  • PrimMag Printout.pdf
    48.7 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

Khaim

First Post
beverson said:
I just downloaded this update and unzipped it into my MSE Data directory, along with the style update a couple of posts later, but when I try to make cards, I can't get the colors to change - I've clicked everywhere I can think of to right click, and there's no options at all...am I missing something?

Left-click a blank area. Counterintuitive, I know.

Trolls

First Post
Is there a way to change the font size in MSE without going in to the style file? Or perhaps a way to include that functionality? Otherwise, the longer powers are going to have to be made manually.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Trolls said:
Is there a way to change the font size in MSE without going in to the style file? Or perhaps a way to include that functionality? Otherwise, the longer powers are going to have to be made manually.
AFAIK, longer texts auto-shrink to fit the text box.

Cheers, LT.

Khaalis

Adventurer
Beastman said:
I have old Adobe acrobat 6 installed which itself installs a PDF-Printer. I simply printed the cards as PDF-file and voila...
Which is odd because when I dump them into pdf direct from the MSE it sizes them too small (3-1/8 by 2-1/4). I'll ahve to see if there is a way to tweak it.

Attached are the Paladin powers and the thanx to the Script-Modder golden Primary Magic Item Cards. As you can see, the Item names are hard to read (as are the line at the bottom of the card. So...
To Quindia: Can you make the gold-color somewhat darker please. Same is with the silver card. thanx
In the last style version up from Randolph (or myself) the text should auto-switch to be Black on the Gold. Same holds true for the white card.

Ashardalon

First Post
Trolls said:
'scale down to: [blah]' added to the font section should take care of that automatically. Some powers might still be too long - those might have to be exported at a higher zoom to be legible.

Trolls

First Post
Ashardalon said:
'scale down to: [blah]' added to the font section should take care of that automatically. Some powers might still be too long - those might have to be exported at a higher zoom to be legible.

Thanks, that takes care of that.

Means the wizard pregens (plus one) are done, and I'm now working on the cleric ones.

Attachments

• Wizard Powercards.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 350

Remove ads