Making your own power cards

randolph

First Post
@ Khaalis: Nice card back!

@ quindia: Cool, I'll add the white card tonight.

Trolls said:
I noticed some of the notches are in the wrong place for my version, there's been an update to the template since randolph downloaded the template. I made a few changes to sort this out. Here's the new style:
Oh, right, I forgot to mention that I had shuffled things around a bit. I felt that the least important information at-a-glance was "Fighter Attack 1," so I put that at the bottom. I've got an idea about customizing which information is presented in which notch that I'll experiment with this weekend.
Trolls said:
Is there a way to change the font size in MSE without going in to the style file? Or perhaps a way to include that functionality? Otherwise, the longer powers are going to have to be made manually.
If you're referring to the rules text field, yeah, I can add that in. I'll probably make it a style option.

@ Mercutio01: Nice pictures, the cards really look like they'll fit right in at the table. I can't wait to try them out "live" myself :D

@ Beverson: As Khaim says, left-click anywhere on the card background that isn't already occupied by a field, that will bring up a drop-down list.

@ Beastman: As Khaalis says, the most recent version will automatically change the text from white to black depending on the background color.

Planned Features/Feature Requests:
* Manual text-size preferences
* Auto-scale text-size option
* Power Source icons/watermark symbols
* Power origin icons
* Finish the DDXP pregen power set, with images

quindia template:
* Add white card

trolls template:
* Information field notch assignment preferences
* Create a modification of my symbol font to support Trolls' template

Khaalis

Adventurer
randolph said:
@ Khaalis: Nice card back!
Eh. Tis just a slight modification of one of the ones originally posted on the 1st page (Nytmare).

@ quindia: Cool, I'll add the white card tonight.
Check the style file I posted earlier today. I think its all set for the white card.

Last edited:

edveal

Explorer
I really like how these are evolving. Do you think someone can host them all once they are completed, so that folks can find them and use the versions that they like best. I really want to use them in a few weeks when I run a demo game.

Thanks

Mercutio01

First Post
randolph said:
@ Mercutio01: Nice pictures, the cards really look like they'll fit right in at the table. I can't wait to try them out "live" myself :D
Thanks. I'm actually done mocking up my own card versions in GIMP and starting to port them into MSE myself. I'm trying to avoid text as much as possible and attempting to use icons wherever possible. I'll post a mockup when I'm done (probably no earlier than tomorrow).

randolph

First Post
edveal said:
Do you think someone can host them all once they are completed, so that folks can find them and use the versions that they like best. I really want to use them in a few weeks when I run a demo game.

Thanks
If you mean the templates, each package I've been attaching contains updates to all three templates. If you mean the finished cards themselves, then yeah, once we're done, I intend to put everything in one post to make it easy for people to find.

@ Khaalis: Ok, but I should still update the combined package (I'd like to avoid making any newcomers to the thread have to dig around for multiple files in separate posts).

Mercutio01

First Post
Still in progress (working on creating/modifying other icons for Damage type (Radiant, poison, etc) but ultimately I've tried to avoid duplicating text and icons and still trying to decide what to do with the last side tab. I'm working in GIMP and teaching myself the MSE code (which is surprisingly easy, even for someone who's never coded anything harder than vBasic.)

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 433
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 315
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 278

quindia

First Post
Khaalis said:
Ok. I gotta ask. How are you managing this? Is this a function of Corel that lets you create a sheet in those sizes? I guess it all really comes down to what you can minimize the margins too.

I probably have more control over the layout using Corel, but I think it may be a function of my printer rather than the program. I have an HP with margins that default to 1/4".

quindia

First Post
Khaalis said:
I have players who don't want to mess with buying stuff like that, so I figure its just as easy to print some double sided cards, so they don't just have a blank back.

Heh. You have players that buy stuff?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases