Making your own power cards

Mercutio01

First Post
Headed to bed, but here are the icons I've created for damage types so far.

Fire, Lightning, Necrotic, and Radiant

And two sample cards

Attachments

• fire.png
    fire.png
    21 KB · Views: 156
  • lightning.png
    lightning.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 149
  • necrotic.png
    necrotic.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 152
  • radiant.png
    radiant.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 142
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 319

tintagel

Explorer
edveal said:
I really like how these are evolving. Do you think someone can host them all once they are completed, so that folks can find them and use the versions that they like best. I really want to use them in a few weeks when I run a demo game.

Thanks

I'm on it, edveal! Look for a collaborative wiki-like website to be up today!

Oh, and my own new template and MSE files inspired by the great work here.

w00t.

Beastman

First Post
Hi @all - the melee+ranged symbol needs a non-circled version. Have tried it my making it myself and modified the symbol-font file in the D&D-symbol-negative.mse-symbol-font and D&D-symbol.mse-symbol-font directories but doesn't work. here's the snipped:

symbol:
code: h
image: nmel-ran_b.pgn

Attachments

• nmel-ran_b.png
    nmel-ran_b.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 116
  • mel-ran_b.png
    mel-ran_b.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

Beastman

First Post
Mercutio01 said:
Headed to bed, but here are the icons I've created for damage types so far.

Fire, Lightning, Necrotic, and Radiant

And two sample cards

Nice layout. And i like symbols more than words.

Attached: updated Primary Magic Items (with new style now black on gold text) and Rogue powers...

Attachments

• Rogue Printout.pdf
    135.4 KB · Views: 262
  • PrimMag Printout.pdf
    48.7 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

Trolls

First Post
randolph said:
Oh, right, I forgot to mention that I had shuffled things around a bit. I felt that the least important information at-a-glance was "Fighter Attack 1," so I put that at the bottom. I've got an idea about customizing which information is presented in which notch that I'll experiment with this weekend.

The easiest way to do that would be to remove the auto-fill on the Action and Sustain boxes so you can fill the bottom 4 notches any way you like.

meandog

First Post
bjorn2bwild said:
Here are the rest of the cards I put together for Corrin Reedson.

Enjoy!

bjron2bwild - i have a dumb question. I like what you have done with your cards. Is Corrin level 1 and at each level you update the cards and print them out again?

randolph

First Post
Quick Update

Hi folks,

I spent several hours last night trying to make the number and types of colored backgrounds defined entirely in a template's style file, while still retaining all the other functionality.

Currently, I can only accomplish that at the expense of losing the functionality of text color changing depending on background color. I may decide to go this way, and have the text color simply be a selectable option per card - this shouldn't be too much of a hassle because there aren't that many powers that use a background that requires the switch from white text to black text (yet).

If anyone's curious, or would like to help figure out the problem:
1) In order to make the number and types of colored backgrounds defined in the style file, I had to define the background field using extra card field. (I can only define normal card fields in the game file.)
2) Values in card fields can be referenced as card.card_field_name, but values in extra card fields cannot - at least, I haven't been able to figure out how.
3) Because I can't figure out how to reference the extra card field, I can't have a script determine the color of a font based on the value of that field.

Anyway, off to see Iron Man, back later.

Mercutio01

First Post
A few more icons for damage types. I'm open to feedback (if anyone really cares about my designs). I've created my own style files for MSE and updated my particular card style to work. If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to share.

The icons are for Cold, Poison, Psychic, and Thunder.

Attachments

• cold.png
    cold.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 146
  • poison.png
    poison.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 124
  • psychic.png
    psychic.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 148
  • thunder.png
    thunder.png
    18 KB · Views: 130
  • Mercutio_MSE_files.zip
    833.8 KB · Views: 193

Alikar

First Post
I want to thank the people who put work into the MSE card system. Its pretty awesome! Looks like my players will be getting lots of item cards!

tintagel

Explorer
New File Repository

I've created a website for this community to compile, collect, and host our work. It's applicable to this post, but also several others around here (like the attack icons).

This site was created using Google Sites, a robust community website builder that's part of the Google Apps suite. Google Sites gives us invitation capability to select users and gives us up to 10 GB of storage space.

Currently, you need a Gmail account to contribute to this site, but they are free. I am also providing Gmail accounts through educatedgamer.net for a limited time. So if you want fred@educatedgamer.net for example, just make a comment below and I will set up an account for you. Creating a gmail or educatedgamer account also provides you with services such as Google Docs and Google Calendar - with Zero ads or spam.

Of course, if you just want to lurk, that's cool too.

Again, if you want to contribute, you need a Gmail account or Educatedgamer account (which I can create). Then I need to add you as a collaborator. Once you have an account, Educatedgamer folks can click on the login link in the lefthand menu, while Gmail folks will have to log into gmail before visiting the site in order to edit.

The Site: 4e.educatedgamer.net

Edit: I should note that all the work on this site will be covered under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. In short, you may copy, sample, and remix any content for non-commercial purposes as long as you attribute the work to the proper artist. Woo!

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases