Making your own power cards

Solmancer

First Post
Just wanted to say that I heart the MSE templates very much. I've been playing around with them a bit so if you're looking for further feedback I'll need a day or two to find something to gripe ab- er, mention. ;)

Also a small note to Tintagel: MSE complains about missing "D&D-symbol.mse-symbol-font" if you install using just your BASE .zip archive found on the website. I'd suggest including that from here on, as it took me a little bit to go through the thread to find the archive with that in it. ><

Last edited:

Khaalis

Adventurer
Khaalis' Update 1 @ educatedgamer.net

1) Updated the previous Cleric and Fighter cards to reflect the changes to the 4E_PrRC_v2.3.
2) Added Paladin, Ranger and Rogue card sets (Quindia, Randolph and Tirian sets; both with and without card backs).

Kirnon_Bhale

Explorer
I am really appreciative of the work done on these cards, especially as my efforts were not very good.

I was however wondering if there was a plan to add "Trolls" cards to the Database on educatedgamer.net as I like his the most?

Is the obstacle to this the fact that (as far as I can tell) "Trolls" cards are not in MSE format?

randolph

First Post
RL has been keeping me busy, so no new updates. Almost done with all the art for the DDXP pregens' powers though (Ghost Sound forced me to get creative).

@ Tintagel: If you'd like, next time I have a chance, I can attempt to adapt your template so it's compatible with the MSE game file the other templates use. Also, regarding your "rules text/flavor text aligning to the middle" issue - this can be dealt with by using the rules text and flavor text fields (you need to enable editing from the game file) instead of the combined text field. Doing this also gets you a number of other side benefits, like having partially overlapping fields (to take into account some cards having far more rules or flavor text) and differently shaped/proportioned rules vs. flavor text fields.

@ Lord Tirian: I can include your template file into the main package, if you'd like.

Khaalis said:
In general you can do it two ways.
1) Use a print to pdf software like CutePDF and export to print right from MSE. However, I find that this does NOT make cards at the correct size for whatever reason. They always comes out too small. Thus...
2) I personally make a Word template made up of correctly sized table cells and import the .jpg files into the table, size them correctly, then save the file as a pdf (since I don't actually have a copy of Acrobat.
Cool, thanks. I'll try one or both options.
Khaalis said:
I tend to find that just printing right onto 110lb. cardstock works the best for me. I might still look into sleeves but since the cards are cheap to produce I'm not that worried about it.
That's an interesting idea. I kinda see these cards (the ones made from pre-PHB-in-hand assumptions) as "too disposable" to print on cardstock, but if it's an inexpensive option, they'd certainly be nice.
Khaalis said:
Are the card sleeves able to have Dry Erase markers used on them? If so, this could allow you the "quick number" access you are looking for without reprinting all the cards.
That's a cool idea... Ooh, or cut-to-size dry-erase overhead-projector transparencies! Write on the transparency, slide it into the card sleeve as an overlay over the card! This way, I can actually just leave the fields on the card blank.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
randolph said:
@ Lord Tirian: I can include your template file into the main package, if you'd like.
Sure, go ahead! :) Note: You might want to fix the use of white text on the silver template. It's partially impossible to read.

Cheers, LT.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases