Making your own power cards

randolph

First Post
meandog said:
I was using another site i found that has taken the excerpts and combined them and for the powers it would have melee or range etc. Is there a source that has all the powers listed out?
The template does have melee, range, etc, just not as the "Attack:" line, because (1) I find it impractical for all the reasons I noted in the earlier post, and (2) the way I've done it matches the official Wizards power template in every extant example.
meandog said:
Do you see having cards for the race traits useful?
I only have cards for the racial non-passive "powers," but yeah, they're really useful.
meandog said:
And one last question when i try inserting images in MSE i get the image in a big white box around the image. How did you insert yours into the cards and not have this? Do you have to do something with the images before you insert them?
Yes, you have to process the image with some (relatively minor) photoshop-fu by matching the background color of the image to the background color of whatever card field you're putting it in. In the case of my template, I included the blank.jpg, and also gave RGB values earlier in the thread.

Mercutio01

First Post
I have finished updating my basic card layout and am still working a little on icons. I like icons. I dislike redundancy, so I tried to avoid a straight copy/paste of the power text.

Attachments

• Dark Dream.jpg
    Dark Dream.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 349
  • Witchfire.jpg
    Witchfire.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:

meandog

First Post
Thanks randolph

Do you get the all of Power infromation from the wizard of the coast site? I am having trouble finding a complete list of all the class powers.

Last edited:

sunspot

Explorer
List of powers

Here's a list of some of the more obscure powers. The others can be found in previous posts (see page 3 I think, from RandomCitizenX) (feel free to update list and repost every once in a while :)

Attachments

• List of Powers.doc
    95.5 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:

Khaalis

Adventurer
Apparently when the Full Card Set page was rearranged a bunch of my posts went missing. I've gone back through and re-uploaded the missing pages.

EDIT:
1) Added the new powers from the H1 preview in a file of their own.
2) Added the new Rogue Daily to each of the Rogue Card files.
3) Added the Warlock cards.
4) Added the Warlord cards.

(Wizard will come beginning of next week.)

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Tintagel, this weekend I set up the Card Editor and followed your YouTube video. Nicely done! Problem is, I'm getting an error when I try to make a new card set; it doesn't seem to be recognizing those two folders of unique symbols I copied from your site into the data directory, so it gives me an error message. Any advice, anyone?

LightPhoenix

First Post
Piratecat said:
Tintagel, this weekend I set up the Card Editor and followed your YouTube video. Nicely done! Problem is, I'm getting an error when I try to make a new card set; it doesn't seem to be recognizing those two folders of unique symbols I copied from your site into the data directory, so it gives me an error message. Any advice, anyone?

I had the same problem, until I read the error MSE was throwing up. You need to download Randolph's files as well - there's one in there that Tintagel's set uses that isn't includes. Once I did that the symbols came out fine.

I printed out my cards (Tintagel's design, typed up by myself) on some flimsy card stock ($6.50 for 7 pages of 9 cards each, arranged in Powerpoint) and they worked great. Everyone at the table was really impressed. It definitely helped everyone keep track of things better. Thanks to everyone here!

Snarls-at-Fleas

First Post
Mercutio01 said:
I have finished updating my basic card layout and am still working a little on icons. I like icons. I dislike redundancy, so I tried to avoid a straight copy/paste of the power text.

I like the way you use swatches for Attack & Defence - clears up the place for other things on the card.

Knight Otu

First Post
Not exactly power cards, but monster cards have been part of this topic - I'm considering to resurrect a concept of monster cards I worked on previously based on the monster stat block. Is there interest in such a style?

[sblock=Images]
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
[/sblock]

It'll have several styles since the card dimensions can't be scripted - the above is just a test in a single style. Maybe another set of styles for longer texts.

Attachments

• Avalanche Titan.png
    Avalanche Titan.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,050
  • Hill Giant Earthfather.png
    Hill Giant Earthfather.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 980
  • Hill Giant Miner.png
    Hill Giant Miner.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 961

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper