Making your own power cards - Page 47

What's on your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Piratecat
    Ander, another big thumbs up. One thing I learned last night is that you DEFINITELY want a place on the cards to write the attack and damage for that particular character. A lot of time was spent figuring it out on the fly; having it right on the card would be great.
    Definately, if space does not make it impossible having both the formula (Attack: Wis vs. Will etc.) and a blank box where one can write the current result would be the most usable in the game from my limited preview experience.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Blog Entries

Ignore Snarls-at-Fleas
    For a couple of months already I was considering the idea of putting all the inventory on 2.5 x 3.5 cards. Today I started to implement the idea. Here is my first try.

The upper text box can serve different purpose - you can write a fancy name for the item there or just +1 flaming or something like that. More information can be included on the back of the card. I intended to give each player a binder with the classical character sheet in a plastic file and 2-3 card sheets from MtG album to keep their stuff.

P.S. The image of the sword is taken from http://www.trueswords.com/. No copyright infringement intended - I am not going to distibute this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails longsword.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by drjones
    Lots of awesome stuff here but I am confused, I have KoTS and would love to get some cards for the pregens there including the 2nd and 3rd level powers. I tried messing around with MSE before and got nowhere, has anyone compiled such a thing and if so is it in this thread?
    If you compile all the powers from KoTS (preferably in txt format) I'm sure we will all be very happy to make power cards for you

I have been trying to learn MSE. im not at all good as you folks are. But using Tintagels formats, and watching his video many times, and looking at all the created stuff on the website (trolls, quindia, Randolph, etc; and the posters suggestions here) i'm slowly starting to get the hang of putting in text. Here is kinda what i came up with using his stat cards.

I dont know how you guys come up with the art, backgrounds, and wonderful colors. but keep up the great work!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Acid Arrow.jpg   Martyrs Blessing.jpg   Brute Strike.jpg   Spinning Sweep.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by sunspot
    If you compile all the powers from KoTS (preferably in txt format) I'm sure we will all be very happy to make power cards for you
    Which ones are needed?
    Nevermind, all the powers I have are the same as were shown here previously. If people need more let me know.
    Last edited by drjones; Sunday, 18th May, 2008 at 02:28 AM.

Nice link!
    From a making cards perspective, having txt that can be copy/pasted makes things faster...

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore meandog
    Definately, if space does not make it impossible having both the formula (Attack: Wis vs. Will etc.) and a blank box where one can write the current result would be the most usable in the game from my limited preview experience.

If you use the plastic sleeves then you can use a erasable pen and write the total damage on the sleeve. then you change it as needed.
    Last edited by meandog; Sunday, 18th May, 2008 at 02:50 PM.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore meandog
    Which ones are needed?
    Nevermind, all the powers I have are the same as were shown here previously. If people need more let me know.

Is that all of the charaters 5 of them? If there are more i would be interested. thank you

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore Kealios
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Mostlyjoe
    I was thinking of taking away grids all together. Just use a tapemeasure and Warmachine style minis. Gonna see how that changes the games. Firecubes and all.
    Late commer to the thread and all, but I was just deciding to try this as of late last week...

Also, @ Tintagel:

Some cards I found on Educatedgamer.net under Paladin-Pregen.pdf, I think the action icon of Channel: Divine Strength looks off. It has the cog of the Standard action, not the Asterik of the Minor action, but is listed as a Minor action.

Hope that helps...
    Last edited by Kealios; Tuesday, 20th May, 2008 at 01:33 AM.

I've completed all the known powers.
    Here's a preview:

I'll be putting them up on http://sites.google.com/a/educatedga...t/4e-fans/Home :
    (I've been getting the error message "you do not have permission to view this page.'

PS: Is there any reason why the creative commons license was removed from the site?
    Last edited by sunspot; Thursday, 5th June, 2008 at 10:33 PM.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 47 of 200 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast