Making your own power cards

drjones

Explorer
Piratecat said:
Ander, another big thumbs up. One thing I learned last night is that you DEFINITELY want a place on the cards to write the attack and damage for that particular character. A lot of time was spent figuring it out on the fly; having it right on the card would be great.
Definately, if space does not make it impossible having both the formula (Attack: Wis vs. Will etc.) and a blank box where one can write the current result would be the most usable in the game from my limited preview experience.

Snarls-at-Fleas

First Post
For a couple of months already I was considering the idea of putting all the inventory on 2.5 x 3.5 cards. Today I started to implement the idea. Here is my first try.

The upper text box can serve different purpose - you can write a fancy name for the item there or just +1 flaming or something like that. More information can be included on the back of the card. I intended to give each player a binder with the classical character sheet in a plastic file and 2-3 card sheets from MtG album to keep their stuff.

P.S. The image of the sword is taken from http://www.trueswords.com/. No copyright infringement intended - I am not going to distibute this one.

Attachments

• longsword.jpg
    longsword.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 352

sunspot

Explorer
drjones said:
Lots of awesome stuff here but I am confused, I have KoTS and would love to get some cards for the pregens there including the 2nd and 3rd level powers. I tried messing around with MSE before and got nowhere, has anyone compiled such a thing and if so is it in this thread?

If you compile all the powers from KoTS (preferably in txt format) I'm sure we will all be very happy to make power cards for you :)

Irrylath

First Post
I have been trying to learn MSE. im not at all good as you folks are. But using Tintagels formats, and watching his video many times, and looking at all the created stuff on the website (trolls, quindia, Randolph, etc; and the posters suggestions here) i'm slowly starting to get the hang of putting in text. Here is kinda what i came up with using his stat cards.

I dont know how you guys come up with the art, backgrounds, and wonderful colors. but keep up the great work!

Attachments

• Acid Arrow.jpg
    Acid Arrow.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 271
  • Martyrs Blessing.jpg
    Martyrs Blessing.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 212
  • Brute Strike.jpg
    Brute Strike.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 191
  • Spinning Sweep.jpg
    Spinning Sweep.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 255

drjones

Explorer
sunspot said:
If you compile all the powers from KoTS (preferably in txt format) I'm sure we will all be very happy to make power cards for you :)
Which ones are needed?
Nevermind, all the powers I have are the same as were shown here previously. If people need more let me know.

Last edited:

meandog

First Post
drjones said:
Definately, if space does not make it impossible having both the formula (Attack: Wis vs. Will etc.) and a blank box where one can write the current result would be the most usable in the game from my limited preview experience.

If you use the plastic sleeves then you can use a erasable pen and write the total damage on the sleeve. then you change it as needed.

Last edited:

meandog

First Post
drjones said:
Which ones are needed?
Nevermind, all the powers I have are the same as were shown here previously. If people need more let me know.

Is that all of the charaters 5 of them? If there are more i would be interested. thank you

Kealios

Explorer
Mostlyjoe said:
I was thinking of taking away grids all together. Just use a tapemeasure and Warmachine style minis. Gonna see how that changes the games. Firecubes and all.

Late commer to the thread and all, but I was just deciding to try this as of late last week...

Also, @ Tintagel:

Some cards I found on Educatedgamer.net under Paladin-Pregen.pdf, I think the action icon of Channel: Divine Strength looks off. It has the cog of the Standard action, not the Asterik of the Minor action, but is listed as a Minor action.

Hope that helps...

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases