Making your own power cards

WhatGravitas

Explorer
hennebeck said:
Lord Tirian - What program do you use to add text? And what are the files called game and such for?
Look at the first post - a program called "Magic Set Editor".

Once you've installed the program, look into the install folder. There should be a folder called "data", then just extract the contents of my .zip-file into that "data"-folder, and start up the Magic Set Editor. Choose "New Set", then you get a selection of different card (games) styles. The last one should be the D&D Power Cards.

Cheers, LT.

vagabundo

Adventurer
Wow, great stuff. I'm having a bugger of a time printing these out though. I got some 3x5 inch cards, but the smallest my printer slidy thing will go is 4inches..

I'll have to try an get some 6x4 inch and print two cards per card.

Ashardalon

First Post
Lord Tirian said:
Knight Otu: I took your template... and polished it a bit with a new background, and some auto-bolding.

I've attached an example - what do you guys think?

Also: A link to my take on your template, if anybody wants it... (also includes the version with place for a picture, though I like that one less - too cramped for the longer powers. Plus: You have different colours and a b/w version, if you're unwilling to use too much ink).

Cheers, LT.
That looks like nice work, ....except you made an edit to the game file that my templates don't like (capitalizing the name of the choices in the background field). If someone wanted to use your templates and mine, they'd need to edit some files themselves. Anyway, I'll make the changes for myself - would you mind if I post your styles on the repository (with proper credit, of course)?

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Ashardalon said:
That looks like nice work, ....except you made an edit to the game file that my templates don't like (capitalizing the name of the choices in the background field). If someone wanted to use your templates and mine, they'd need to edit some files themselves. Anyway, I'll make the changes for myself - would you mind if I post your styles on the repository (with proper credit, of course)?
1) Okay, that took me a minute to get into my system that you're Knight Otu...!
2) Yeah, I'm just bothered by a lack of capitalization - blame the German language for that! :heh:
3) Sure, go ahead and post it! :) Though I'll probably tinker with it, as I'm not happy with the landscape version - the power write-ups are not very landscape-friendly. And, of course, I'll update it, once we get to see more stuff that gets bolded (like Standard Action and so on). And get that dot to a star, like on the photos...

Cheers, LT.

Knight Otu

First Post
Lord Tirian said:
1) Okay, that took me a minute to get into my system that you're Knight Otu...!
2) Yeah, I'm just bothered by a lack of capitalization - blame the German language for that! :heh:
3) Sure, go ahead and post it! :) Though I'll probably tinker with it, as I'm not happy with the landscape version - the power write-ups are not very landscape-friendly. And, of course, I'll update it, once we get to see more stuff that gets bolded (like Standard Action and so on). And get that dot to a star, like on the photos...

Cheers, LT.
Sorry about that - I have it in both sigs that "we" are one and the same, but since sigs are only displayed once per page, that can be missed (once EN2 rolls around, the need to use the Ashardalon account should diminish). :)

Ashardalon

First Post
RandomCitizenX said:
Tirian: Any chanced you could host your template on the official boards. I can't get to the current host because of the company firewall.
I've posted Lord Tirian's template on the custom files forum (which, I should note, isn't the official forum). Same topic as my templates, third post.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases