Making your own power cards

hennebeck

First Post
Sunspot - I notice on the Cleric page (I haven't checked the rest) the first 3 powers all have the same base page. The same stats on the sides and the same flavour text on the bottom.

Tintagel - Is it possible to get your template in the paint.net format? Obviously, when I open your template it's all one layer.

Last edited:

sunspot

Explorer
Thanks for the catch Hennebeck,

I've corrected and re-uploaded the cleric file.

I suspected the cleric might have a few mistakes in it, I was dead tired when I made that one.
There might be a few mistakes in the KotS powers, because I first tried to convert the bonuses into their respective stats, but then realized I didn't necessarily have all the info, so I've keep most of them in their default mode.

If you see any other errors let me know.

Enjoy!

Solmancer

First Post
meandog said:
[PS: Now to work on racial powers... (anyone have ideas on what template color I should use for racial powers?) (grey, purple, blue, something else?)

Some racial powers are at-will, encounter and daily. So stick with the green, red and black. Any other ones i say do in blue.
Just my thoughts.[/QUOTE]I agree. Stick with the standard coloring schema; there's not much of a reason to separate out race when the main issue is when the power can be used. Where it comes from is "just" fluff, really. Who cares if it's your Wizard ability or your Racial trait? If there's an item or other powers that affect that, you're probably getting into a more complex, memory/note-demanding situation anyway. :)

Knight Otu

First Post
A note for all templaters: The next version of MSE, 0.3.6, is expected to be released soon, possibly later today. Templates for 0.3.5 most likely won't work under 0.3.6. This thread on the official forum lists the major differences between the two versions.

tintagel

Explorer
hennebeck said:
Tintagel - Is it possible to get your template in the paint.net format? Obviously, when I open your template it's all one layer.

Sorry, I work exclusively in Photoshop. Perhaps there is a converter somewhere?

meandog

First Post
sunspot said:
Goodpoint meandog, how about the 'mixing/blending of colors?
Or would green blended into blue look too weird?

I think the blending would be cool....if you can get it to look good. The cards maybe to small, so you might not get the blending to work out.

AFCErik

First Post
Tintagel,

Can you add some icons for free actions (dash, checkmark, x?) and reaction actions (maybe a return arrow like on your enter key on a computer keywobard)? And one for constant effects (infinity symbol, perhaps)?

Thanks!

sunspot

Explorer
That's a good idea,
We could definitely use icons for free action.
Reactions/interrupts are the ! but there are a few others we could use.

I really like the current icons so something in that style would be good.

Cheers,

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases