Making your own power cards

Ander00

First Post
Veilheim said:
Hi Ander, so I tried loading your files in (after upgrading) and mse blows up on me instantly. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Can you point me to where I might learn about not being stupid? :)

Thanks!
V
Ah, my bad, I think. I was under the impression that everyone else's templates were still pretty much based on the game file mine forked off of, but it appears that this isn't the case anymore. So rather than not 100% compatible, the game files are probably going to be quite incompatible, sorry.

Edit: if you mean with my game file, have you tried deleting the 'mse8.config' file in your '...Application Data\Magic Set Editor' directory first?

cheers

Last edited:

PeelSeel2

Explorer
Mine died on me instantly too then I put all the folders from his template into the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Magic Set Editor 2\data

Then I re-opened his complete set and viola! Power goodness!!

Thanks Ander00!!

meandog

First Post
Ander00 said:
In case you want those, I have most of the powers in word files now (I didn't use this mode of operation for warlord powers, which I did first, so those are missing). The warlock ones I only have with some abbreviations ('Constitution modifier' -> 'Con', 'Fortitude' -> 'Fort', etc.), all others I should have in full and in that variant. Also, at least the name, flavor text and rules text should work fine if you load my set with your template.

cheers

Ander...where your link to down load your MSE files? Or the word files
Thank you

Khaalis

Adventurer
To Ander00,

I absolutely love your card format. This is perfect tracking the exact numbers for each power. I also think it will work well using them in slip covers with dry erase markers for numbers that might change as the game goes on.

2 Quick Questions.

1) Could you also send me the .doc powers file? You can email me through my profile.

2) You show an example of a printer friendly version of the cards (no shading). Is the only way to get a set of these to go into the settings for each card and change them from Default to Plain? Or do you have a set pre-saved in plain format? Just curious.

Daelkyr

First Post
Khaalis said:

2) You show an example of a printer friendly version of the cards (no shading). Is the only way to get a set of these to go into the settings for each card and change them from Default to Plain? Or do you have a set pre-saved in plain format? Just curious.

I don't now about Ander00, but I found that if you go into the style folder and simply delete the default files and than add copies of the plain files with the default names, you'll get the desired results. That's what I did.

Ander00

First Post
meandog said:
Ander...where your link to down load your MSE files?
This post.
sunspot said:
Could you send me the .doc powers file at sunspot72[a]gmail[dot]com
Khaalis said:
1) Could you also send me the .doc powers file? You can email me through my profile.
I get the feeling the thread would get cluttered with requests, and I'd be quite busy sending emails out, so I'll just add them to the other post.
Khaalis said:
Adding a second style was something of an afterthought, so currently you'd have to change the style for the set, and then for any individual cards that already had style options set (cards with long names or rules texts). Alternatively, if you want the simpler style to be the default, you could just do as Daelkyr suggests, or rename the image files in the template directory, so that 'card[color].png' becomes 'card[color]2.png' and vice versa.

p.s.: fixed a few more errors in the set, gave the rogue melee/ranged powers the slightly larger damage boxes and added the stuff from the warforged article.

cheers

Last edited:

st3v1l

Explorer
Ander00,

Any chance you'd want to contribute your files to this Power Cards site some of the others here have started? Or have em hosted someplace else?

You have done an amazing job on this, and I just want some place to keep track of updates that you make. I am worried as this thread is getting so big updates could get lost.

I will also make a suggestion to you and all the other card makers for 2 cards to add to your decks; 2nd wind and action points (with the description of how to use them). Probably not as critical but you could also make approaching death cards (when you get 3 of these, you really are dead).

Stevil

Last edited:

Ander00

First Post
st3v1l said:
Any chance you'd want to contribute your files to this Power Cards site some of the others here have started? Or have em hosted someplace else?
While I have no problem with my files being hosted there, I have so far avoided getting a gmail account and would like to keep it that way (even if that might sound a bit irrational to you). Also, it might be a bit confusing, due to the different game files used, unless someone makes an effort to make them compatible again. That won't be me, as I've made my template to suit my needs and as great as some of the others may be, I probably won't use them. And I don't really see everyone adopting my game file that is the result of some lazy hacking.
Maybe the somewhere else option would be the more sensible one.
st3v1l said:
I will also make a suggestion to you and all the other card makers for 2 cards to add to your decks; 2nd wind and action points (with the description of how to use them). Probably not as critical but you could also make approaching death cards (when you get 3 of these, you really are dead).
I've consciously avoided making those, as those are effects that will pretty much stay constant and are easily enough remembered. As is, any given character will approach something like 20 power cards towards the end of his career, adding cards above and beyond that will get unwieldy fast (especially for someone like me, who's currently playing two characters in one campaign).
However, there is nothing stopping you from making them yourself with the template. If you keep them in a separate set, they won't conflict with whatever updates I make to the general one.

Edit: for the time being, if you want to check for updates, you can just go directly to the post at http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=4274554&postcount=568 .

cheers

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases