Making your own power cards

SBalrog

First Post
Thanks for the Blue and Gold background without circles. I've added them as new options in the background dropdown in my game file.

If it is not too much trouble, I'd love to get similar backgrounds for the other colors too, primarily the grey, silver and iron. I have no plans for using the green, red and black without the circles, I'd like backgrounds for them as well, in case I should come up with a use for them.

I've already used the blue background to make Condition Cards and Disease Cards.

I have updated the MSE files to include choices for the new backgrounds in the dropdown, and to allow entering the price (or other text) in the box on the bottom right. Attached in the zip file if anyone wants them.

Attachments

• Ander00_MSE_Files.zip
    585.1 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:

AnthonyRoberson

First Post
Thanks so much!

I don't know how to thank you for these power cards! I would have EASILY paid $10.00 for them from an online store. Do you have Pay Pal? I will gladly send you something as a small token of thanks...

Ander00

First Post
Ghaerdon Fain said:
Very nice thanks for the pdf, extremely helpful. I would though hope that the updated 14/06 set can be made into pdf's as well.
While possible, I can't guarantee it. Those printjobs never finished for me and according to my friend it took him something like 15 minutes per file, so he probably won't want to do it after every update.
SBalrog said:
If it is not too much trouble, I'd love to get similar backgrounds for the other colors too, primarily the grey, silver and iron.
Sure. I'm a bit stressed right now, but I'll put those up when I have a couple of minutes to spare.
AnthonyRoberson said:
Do you have Pay Pal? I will gladly send you something as a small token of thanks...
I appreciate the sentiment, and oh boy, could I ever use whatever money I can get my hands on right now (to, for example, buy more 4E products, or maybe even eat), but I don't think WotC would want me to be taking any for this.
Getting on the ENWorld frontpage would make my day though, so if you've found the cards helpful enough, feel free to drop my name in the Fan Creation pick of the week thread ;).

cheers

stephen_gryphon

First Post
Ander00 said:
Now that (almost) everyone has their books, here's the update to my MSE template, as well as a complete set of cards. I hope some of you will find either of those useful.

The best power cards I've seen so far -- very clean and good use of white space, clear space for attack modifier/damage, and the three most important classifiers (type of action, usage, and type of attack) are very clear as the top three items.

http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=4274554&postcount=568

Keep them coming...

bh2

First Post
Ander00, I LOVE your power cards. They have made my gaming groups' lives much easier and will be an indispensable part of our character creation workflow! Printing and cutting them out as cards works great, but also just printing them on a sheet works quite well by itself.

This is mainly for the case of just printing a sheet of cards and not cutting them out, but I have only one request. When you get around to another update, could you include 8 'blank' cards (kinda like the item cards) so that when you print a sheet of cards for your character, if you have less than 8, you can fill the remaining 'slots' with blank cards that one could fill in later after leveling? If your not chopping up the cards, you could also print 8 blank ones on the back to fill in later too.

Now to post a nomination to the FCPOTW thread. :D

SBalrog

First Post
I just wanted to post a little tip:

If you want to run the different MSE sets out there which derived from the same (and now incompatible) D&D.mse-game, do the following:

1) Create a new folder (MSE-Ander / MSE-Mercurio / etc).
2) Create a subfolder named data in the main folder.
3) Copy the mse.exe into the main folder (from the original install folder)
4) Copy the en.mse-locale folder into the data folder (from the original install folder).
5) Copy (or extract) the chosen MSE set into the data folder.

This way you can have one set of files for each MSE set you want, even if a subset of the different sets conflicts with each other. You can even copy them onto a usb disk and run them on any computer.

Black Plauge

First Post
When I print Ander's cards with the MSE, the bottom row on the page gets about a 1/4" of the card cut off. Does anyone know what's going on here?

StormCrow42

Explorer
Black Plauge said:
When I print Ander's cards with the MSE, the bottom row on the page gets about a 1/4" of the card cut off. Does anyone know what's going on here?

MSE creates pages for A4 paper rather than the U.S. standard of 8.5x11. A4 paper is slightly longer.

About the only real solution I've found is to print to PDF and then use my PDF software to print them scaled to fit, which of course makes them smaller than intended.

DrewSolo

First Post
When printing to the "print to PDF", select Advanced and set the paper size to Letter.

This will create a properly formatted PDF file that won't have to be "shrunk" later on, therefore saving the original proportions of the card.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases