Making your own power cards

neolithic

First Post
With regards to Ander00's power cards is there a document somewhere the details the changes made to the set?

It would be a massive time saver to know exactly which cards were updated so that people coming in to the conversation late (like me) know what the go is.

If not I guess I'll have just have to go through and compare the cards by hand.

Ander00

First Post
coastiemike said:
Has anyone created power cards for the new Illusion spells released by WotC last night?
I'm gonna add those once I have some time on my hands. I am really stressed out at the moment though and will be for the rest of the week.

For the people interested in cards for Second Wind and such, I guess I can then add those as well, even though I wouldn't use them myself.
neolithic said:
With regards to Ander00's power cards is there a document somewhere the details the changes made to the set?

It would be a massive time saver to know exactly which cards were updated so that people coming in to the conversation late (like me) know what the go is.
I'm not following. If you came here late and just grab the latest set, what is there to compare against? I can see where specific information about fixes would be nice though. I'll keep that in mind for future updates.

cheers

neolithic

First Post
I should have been more specific before I posted that message. I have already printed, cut and card-sleeved a set of your cards previously and so as to not have to print all the cards, cut and re-sleeve them again it would be great to know which cards were changed so that those specific cards can be reprinted vs. the whole set.

Does that make more sense?

boggensagg

First Post
Hello,

Ander00 I really do like your cards.

The one improvement I made for your set is to add a field to put the ranges that apply next to the range icon itself.

It feels more intuitive that way to me. YMMV.

Cheers

,Bogg

Attachments

• Necrotic Web.jpg
    Necrotic Web.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 839
  • D&D 4th Edition Power Cards.zip
    94.9 KB · Views: 358
  • MSE profile.zip
    643.2 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

sunspot

Explorer
Printing of Power Cards!

Tremendous News!

Inspired by popular demand I’ve decided to take my community service one step further.

Having access to a professional cardstock printer I’ve decided to print complete decks of power cards on glossy card stock and mail them to everyone interested!

Yes, you heard me!
I will be printing and mailing complete decks of Power Cards!

Learn more Here!

I'm happy to offer this service and truly hope everyone has the oportunity to play with printed power cards. Power Cards have made playing Dungeon and Dragons so much funner I really couldn't resist sharing!

(This is a non-profit venture; the minimal costs serve to cover ink/cardstock & shipping)

mvincent

Explorer
sunspot said:

Learn more Here!
Excellent work Sunspot! As mentioned, I really like your design, and the site is very well done.

Some thoughts:
1) Will this create a problem with the WotC GSL?
2) As a DM, I hope to eventually be able to buy cards for second wind, healing surges, conditions and actions points (and maybe even blank quest cards mentioned in DMG p.103)
3) The $ sign typically goes before the amount.
4) The site mentions "Prestige Class Powers: (download coming soon)". Do you mean Paragon powers?

Last edited:

Black Plauge

First Post
Actually, I did find a way to do just that. You simply have to change the paper size to letter from A4.

Now, finding where to do that is a bit difficult. For me it involved finding the advanced preferences for the printer from within MSE's print dialog (click on the "Preferences" button in the main dialog and then on the "Advanced" button in the resultant one). Once I'd done that, MSE printed out the cards just fine on letter paper with no cut-offs and at the right size.

KnightCa

First Post
Power Card mse templates

Thanks to the incredible work done already by others on this site, I have almost completed a set of mse files that allow both Trolls and Anders set to work in harmony (opening either template with the same database of powers). I will post it as soon as it is complete.

On a sidenote, does anyone know how to utilize the font set "D&D 4e Icons v2.ttf" as part of the text entry section in the style? I'm not positive how to setup a replace rule that will replace it with a font. I assume it is similar to the following replacement rule created by another:

replace_rule(
match: "[(][aAcCmMrR][)]",
replace: "<sym-auto>&</sym-auto>") +

Perhaps something similar to:

replace_rule(
match: "[(][aAcCmMrR][)]",
replace: "<font type="D&D 4e Icons v2">&</font>") +

MaineCoon

Explorer
sunspot said:
Tremendous News!

Inspired by popular demand I’ve decided to take my community service one step further.

Having access to a professional cardstock printer I’ve decided to print complete decks of power cards on glossy card stock and mail them to everyone interested!

Yes, you heard me!

Non-profit or not, that's a pretty blatant violation of copyright, especially as you use the original texts (not to mention violating the GSL).

This is a dangerous step, which could result in Wizards quashing not only your efforts, but everything else we're doing here, whereas if nobody tries to commercialize upon it, they may let the activities here slide.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases