Making your own power cards

Andur

First Post
Backs for Ander00's wonderful power cards. Simple with legal disclaimer. Took the Logo from the backs in the first few pages of this thread.

There is no outline border for the backs, cut your cards from the crunchy front side. If you are using letter sized paper (versus A4 which the cards are designed for) Then you need to leave a little white border outside of the outline box.

Attachments

• Power Card Backs Full Sheet.zip
    232.8 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:

mps42

First Post
Been watching this thread for a bit and I really like the idea of the power cards. What I'm looking for, though, is the SET file for MSE so I don't need to re-enter all the info. (yes, lazy).
Anyone willing to supply one?

vagabundo

Adventurer
@Ander00:

Your power cards are fab, but it is a lot of pages. I was going to try and print off as I needed, is there any logic to the layout or is it random?

Relbanan

First Post
vagabundo said:
@Ander00:

Your power cards are fab, but it is a lot of pages. I was going to try and print off as I needed, is there any logic to the layout or is it random?

Just sort by the "Power Class/Type/Level" column and find the ones you need, print those.

Storminator

First Post
mps42 said:
Been watching this thread for a bit and I really like the idea of the power cards. What I'm looking for, though, is the SET file for MSE so I don't need to re-enter all the info. (yes, lazy).
Anyone willing to supply one?

That's not really what you want. No, it isn't! ;)

What you want to do is make a set for your PC with all the exact numbers filled in. Which is better:

Code:
Hit: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier damage. In addition, 
you switch places with the target and can then shift 1 square. 
Artful Dodger: You can shift a number of squares equal 
to your Charisma modifier.

or

Code:
Hit: 2d4 + 5. In addition you switch places with 
the target and can then shift 3 squares.

No contest on game day, tho you have to print the second one out when the numbers change...

PS

fsnaig

First Post
Ander00 said:
Now that (almost) everyone has their books, here's the update to my MSE template, as well as a complete set of cards. I hope some of you will find either of those useful.
If you like, feel free to host them on the Fan publishing site (I'm just not getting a gmail account for that), or do whatever else you please with them.

The Set (core_complete_set.rar)
This set consists of 753 cards in total, including the powers from classes, paragon paths, epic destinies, feats and races (from the PHB, the MM, and the DDI article on the warforged), as well as blank cards to fill in for the different item types (though you can also use the template to make finished cards for different items). If you're using a template based on Randolph's "D&D" game file, you can probabably still use the set, but you will have to reenter some of the information.

The Template (mse-template-Ander.rar)
The template now works with MSE version 3.0.6, and includes a style option for completely bland (or more printer-friendly, if you will) and not quite so bland cards (see attached samples). Comes with its own MSE game file.

Power Documents (powers-docs.rar)
The powers in .doc format.

Installing the Template
In case you are unfamiliar with MSE and aren't sure how to load a set, here are some short instructions to point you in the right direction.
  • Download and install MSE version 0.3.6.
  • Put everything from 'mse-template-Ander.rar' into the 'data' directory of the MSE installation.
  • Extract and open the 'core_complete.mse-set' contained in 'core_complete_set.rar'.
If you have never dealt with .rar archives before, you may need to get WinRar or some other compression tool that supports .rar files.
If you have previously used MSE, you might have to delete the 'mse8.config' file found in your '...Application Data/Magic Set Editor' directory.
If you have problems with MSE itself, you might have to download the Windows 9x fix, even if you are using Windows XP.

Power Card PDFs
If you are so inclinded, you can download the whole set in PDF form.
I'd still advise you to use the MSE option because you can easily make your own corrections as needed, add your own cards, and specify exactly which cards you want to print. But if, for some reason, you cannot get MSE to work, maybe you can get some use out of these PDFs.

Edit (07/06/08): fixed a few errors in the set.
Edit (08/06/08): corrected erroneous information about compatibility.
Edit (09/06/08): a few more fixes to the set; also added the warforged DDI material and the powers in .doc format.
Edit (14/06/08): corrected a few more errors and incorporated the PHB errata.
Edit (14/06/08 #2): another small fix to the set; added short installation instructions.
Edit (14/06/08 #3): added link to the power cards as PDFs.
Edit (18/06/08): changed PDF link to an up-to-date versions (thanks to Colawley).

cheers

Hi,

Your cards are excellent, and my group is planning on using them. I have been adding text boxes to the PDF files to make them even more user friendly for players/GMs.

I have one question: Are you planning on including the other, basic Class Features? I know you have included some of them, but the following are missing, and would be handy to have:

Fighter
Combat Challenge

Ranger
Hunter’s Quarry
Prime Shot

Rogue
First Strike
Sneak Attack

Warlock
Misty Step
Dark One’s Blessing
Fate of the Void
Prime Shot
Shadow Walk
Warlock’s Curse

Wizard
Arcane Implement Mastery

Whether you include them or not, your work is much appreciated.

fsnaig

I'm a slave to my PDFs and you've provided a great set Ander00, BUT, would it be possible to create an 8.5" x 11" set?

*The reason is that I have got my hands on US letter size "Card Stock" paper ;)

***read below... what was I thinking***

Last edited:

Ibixat

First Post
if you export the cards to PNG, then use windows photo gallery (on vista, I think it was fax and picture viewer on XP) to load the picutres into the gallery, you can choose a ton of pictures and then print, one of the options will be a 3x3 grid of 9 on a single sheet, uncheck the Fit picture to frame option and you can get some very nice sized cards that are easily readable, and as a bonus, 9 per sheet instead of just 8. They come out at roughly 2" x 3" that way, no ratio issues on their size either.

Attachments

• img031.jpg
    img031.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 453

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases