Making your own power cards

I think I must have been on something when I wrote the above. I just changed the print to letter/borderless and fit to paper and all went well. As I type I'm putting the backs (forget who provided them) on the card stock sheets. Gonna look great and hold up well.

Again thanks!!!

TK

First Post
Awesome work with these, they are amazingly helpful. Is there a way to get a text file dump of the set? I'm working with a program called map tools, and having this data already made would make creating power macros much simpler (and require far less data entry). Preferably this would be a delimited text file, but it looks like an HTML export template may do the trick as well (but I don't know if I'll be able to figure out how to write one of them, especially since there seems to be rather sparse documentation on that topic).

OsirisDawn

First Post
Hello,

how do i download the attachments for Ander's power cards? Left click does nothing and 'save under' brings ... nothing :) What i am doing wrong?

OsirisDawn

fsnaig

First Post
Now that (almost) everyone has their books, here's the update to my MSE template, as well as a complete set of cards. I hope some of you will find either of those useful.
If you like, feel free to host them on the Fan publishing site (I'm just not getting a gmail account for that), or do whatever else you please with them.

The Set (core_complete_set.rar)
This set consists of 753 cards in total, including the powers from classes, paragon paths, epic destinies, feats and races (from the PHB, the MM, and the DDI article on the warforged), as well as blank cards to fill in for the different item types (though you can also use the template to make finished cards for different items). If you're using a template based on Randolph's "D&D" game file, you can probabably still use the set, but you will have to reenter some of the information.

The Template (mse-template-Ander.rar)
The template now works with MSE version 3.0.6, and includes a style option for completely bland (or more printer-friendly, if you will) and not quite so bland cards (see attached samples). Comes with its own MSE game file.

Power Documents (powers-docs.rar)
The powers in .doc format.

Installing the Template
In case you are unfamiliar with MSE and aren't sure how to load a set, here are some short instructions to point you in the right direction.
  • Download and install MSE version 0.3.6.
  • Put everything from 'mse-template-Ander.rar' into the 'data' directory of the MSE installation.
  • Extract and open the 'core_complete.mse-set' contained in 'core_complete_set.rar'.
If you have never dealt with .rar archives before, you may need to get WinRar or some other compression tool that supports .rar files.
If you have previously used MSE, you might have to delete the 'mse8.config' file found in your '...Application Data/Magic Set Editor' directory.
If you have problems with MSE itself, you might have to download the Windows 9x fix, even if you are using Windows XP.

Power Card PDFs
If you are so inclinded, you can download the whole set in PDF form.
I'd still advise you to use the MSE option because you can easily make your own corrections as needed, add your own cards, and specify exactly which cards you want to print. But if, for some reason, you cannot get MSE to work, maybe you can get some use out of these PDFs.

Edit (07/06/08): fixed a few errors in the set.
Edit (08/06/08): corrected erroneous information about compatibility.
Edit (09/06/08): a few more fixes to the set; also added the warforged DDI material and the powers in .doc format.
Edit (14/06/08): corrected a few more errors and incorporated the PHB errata.
Edit (14/06/08 #2): another small fix to the set; added short installation instructions.
Edit (14/06/08 #3): added link to the power cards as PDFs.
Edit (18/06/08): changed PDF link to an up-to-date versions (thanks to Colawley).

cheers

Hi,

I found a minor error, in that the Warlord Paragon Power Superior Tactics is not a Utility Power.

Great work!

fsnaig

eloquentaction

First Post
New set of cards

Hello all.

I've been following this thread with great enthusiasm. So much so, in fact, it prompted me to make my own set of cards and MSE-SET.

Here's a sample of my cards:

2615621501_c224d93341.jpg

2615621497_13d51d820f.jpg

2615621495_7e373182d8.jpg

If you follow the linky, http://www.dragonavenue.com/forums/viewthread/701/P180/#11621
you can download the entire MSE-SET for this set.

I hope you enjoy it!

-- Hirahito (aka: eloquentaction)

Attachments

• Hirahito-MSE.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 319
Last edited:

korton01

First Post
OMG this whole thread has made me a super giddy gamer!

Now I've gone through and downloaded R-Type, Ander00, Mercutios, Quindia, and Troll's stuff....but MSE is now is running 0.3.6 and only Ander00 is up and running with that with no explosion errors. And I am super programing illiterate. Are the above makers of such amazing templates gonna update them for the new patch? Or do I need to find 0.3.5 and download it?

Or could someone lay out to me the best way to make the changes to make them work? (if that is something easy...if not..then don't even worry about it.)

Anyway!!! Thank you guys so much you are the best for doing this for the 4th edition community.

Mercutio01

First Post
Hey korton - check out this link to Dragonavenue. In the post by Black Plauge, you'll find the most recently updated MSE files for my set. (BP actually did the recoding for 3.6, and he did a damn fine job too.) Note that I'm almost done with my set, with only some minor artwork left to tweak. BP is working on code for multiple damage types, which isn't 100% necessary yet, but as soon as the MSE set is done, I'll post the final code here.

mps42

First Post
Well I, too, have been inspired but I went for the "simpler is better" approach (although I must say some of the submissions here are BEAUTIFUL). So here's a sample of my simple effort

Attachments

• POC..png
    POC..png
    38.3 KB · Views: 290

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases