Making your own power cards

Hello all.

I've been following this thread with great enthusiasm. So much so, in fact, it prompted me to make my own set of cards and MSE-SET.

Here's a sample of my cards:

2615621501_c224d93341.jpg

2615621497_13d51d820f.jpg

2615621495_7e373182d8.jpg

If you follow the linky, http://www.dragonavenue.com/forums/viewthread/701/P180/#11621
you can download the entire MSE-SET for this set.

I hope you enjoy it!

-- Hirahito (aka: eloquentaction)

Would it be possible to have these in PDF form?

eloquentaction

First Post
PDF form of my cards...

Sure - making PDF's would be easy. Problem is, with all the cards, the size of the PDF comes out be like 20 megs.

I've got no place to host that big a file.

Have you tried downloading MSE2 and then using my MSE-SETs?

It should allow you to create your own cards.

The nice thing about this, is you can store a copy of the cards for each player, so they can fill in their own stats.

2d6+ Wisdom becomes, 2d6 + 4 (for example). Makes it nicer for them.

Ander00

First Post
Is there a way to change the style definitions (or whatever) to make for greater contrast? Or rather, I assume there is, but can anyone tell me how?
You don't even have to go into the definitions, you can just replace the card background images as needed. They can be found in the 'data/D&D-Ander.mse-style' folder in your MSE directory.

cheers

MaineCoon

Explorer
I've managed to get Hirahito working alongside Ander:
1. Use the Hirahito version of D&D.mse-game.
2. The D&D-symbol-mse-symbol-font are identical
3. Rename the Hirahito version of D&D-Ander-symbol.mse-symbol-font to D&D-hirahito-symbol.mse-symbol-font
4. Edit D&D-hirahito.mse-style/style and replace all references to D&D-Ander-symbol with D&D-hirahito-symbol
Now both sets can be installed together. You cannot usefully switch styles (the background is different and there is extra info in the Hirahito set for the ranges)

Last edited:

tristan_tewksbury

First Post
Have you tried downloading MSE2 and then using my MSE-SETs?

I downloaded and installed your set into the data directory. I can call up the cards, but I am having some issues with it. :confused:

I know you have split the keywords up into different blocks, but I see no where to add the keyworks that usually follow the frequency in the power descriptions (the power source, accessories, and damage type which all appear just below the name in your samples).

I also cannot figure out how to enter a carriage return in the keyword block to the right of the first "splatter" circle. I can enter "Encounter" "Standard Action" and "Ranged 3" but they are all on the same line!

Speaking of ranged, I also cannot seem to get the range number to appear to the right of the attack type symbol in that first splatter mark.

I am using 0.3.6 (beta), could that be the problem? :erm:

--update--

I forgot to mention I tried the edits from post 684, and those did not help with these issues.

Last edited:

BooleanFlag

First Post
Hello all.

I've been following this thread with great enthusiasm. So much so, in fact, it prompted me to make my own set of cards and MSE-SET.

Here's a sample of my cards:

2615621501_c224d93341.jpg

2615621497_13d51d820f.jpg

2615621495_7e373182d8.jpg

If you follow the linky, http://www.dragonavenue.com/forums/viewthread/701/P180/#11621
you can download the entire MSE-SET for this set.

I hope you enjoy it!

-- Hirahito (aka: eloquentaction)
these are gorgeous. The only thing that could make them better is to provide a space similar to the ones on ander00s cards for writing in the actual mods, DMG, etc. This is what drove me to use Ander00s, but if you can get those boxes in there I'd use yours for sure.

MonkeyMage

First Post
Ander00: great cards, but I've found a few problems.

- Fighter (Iron Vanguard): Frontline Surge > your card only says Surge

- Fighter (Pit Fighter): Deadly Payback > power is a Daily, your card is Encounter

- Warlock: Shadow Veil > no card found at all

- Warlock: Raven's Glamour > power is a Daily, your card is Encounter

- Warlock: Hurl through Hell > flavor text is from Tartarean Tomb

- Warlord: Bolstering Blow > no card found at all

eloquentaction

First Post
I've managed to get Hirahito working alongside Ander:
1. Use the Hirahito version of D&D.mse-game.
2. The D&D-symbol-mse-symbol-font are identical
3. Rename the Hirahito version of D&D-Ander-symbol.mse-symbol-font to D&D-hirahito-symbol.mse-symbol-font
4. Edit D&D-hirahito.mse-style/style and replace all references to D&D-Ander-symbol with D&D-hirahito-symbol
Now both sets can be installed together. You cannot usefully switch styles (the background is different and there is extra info in the Hirahito set for the ranges)

Maine -

You're correct. I ripped off the symbols from Ander, and the layout idea from Quindia (although I completely redid the art).

I also added about 4 fields for range and burst.

-- Hirahito

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases