Making your own power cards

eloquentaction

First Post
these are gorgeous. The only thing that could make them better is to provide a space similar to the ones on ander00s cards for writing in the actual mods, DMG, etc. This is what drove me to use Ander00s, but if you can get those boxes in there I'd use yours for sure.

Copy the MSE-SET to a different name.

Open it.

The description field is editable. You can change the + Wisdom to +4 (for example).

If you want an easier way, right click on the HIRAHITO.MSE-SET and rename it to HIRAHITO.ZIP. Use PKZIP or 7-Zip to unzip it into the 'SET' file. This is a raw text file. Edit it however you like using a text editor, then re-zip it and rename it to SET. Then use MSE open and hit 'ALL FILES' and select the SET file.

Viola.

eloquentaction

First Post
Thanks to the incredible work done already by others on this site, I have almost completed a set of mse files that allow both Trolls and Anders set to work in harmony (opening either template with the same database of powers). I will post it as soon as it is complete.

On a sidenote, does anyone know how to utilize the font set "D&D 4e Icons v2.ttf" as part of the text entry section in the style? I'm not positive how to setup a replace rule that will replace it with a font. I assume it is similar to the following replacement rule created by another:

Perhaps something similar to:

Your example won't work. You have to go into the actual definition (the MSE) for that field and add a SYMBOL: entry which defines your font.

If you look in my 'STYLE' file, you'll see an example under the RULE TEXT: entry. It reads:

symbol font:
name: D&D-Ander-symbol
size: 11

eloquentaction

First Post
I downloaded and installed your set into the data directory. I can call up the cards, but I am having some issues with it. :confused:

I know you have split the keywords up into different blocks, but I see no where to add the keyworks that usually follow the frequency in the power descriptions (the power source, accessories, and damage type which all appear just below the name in your samples).

I also cannot figure out how to enter a carriage return in the keyword block to the right of the first "splatter" circle. I can enter "Encounter" "Standard Action" and "Ranged 3" but they are all on the same line!

Speaking of ranged, I also cannot seem to get the range number to appear to the right of the attack type symbol in that first splatter mark.

I am using 0.3.6 (beta), could that be the problem? :erm:

--update--

I forgot to mention I tried the edits from post 684, and those did not help with these issues.

Tristan -

I made this MSE-SET using a C# program that pre-processed all the info. I never hand edited anything, so my MSE really isn't good at allowing edits.

I'll take a look at it, and change the definitions around a bit. I'll try and have a new MSE and MSE-SET up tonight or tomorrow that clears all this up and allows direct editing.

Two of the fields, rangevalue2 and burstvalue2 are copies that I use for shading. I'll try and make them auto-populate.

Sorry for the hassle...

-- Hirahito

SBalrog

First Post
Extra backgrounds

Hi Ander00, a couple of weeks ago you mentioned that you might create backgrounds without the circles for the grey, silver and iron backgrounds, when you had time to do it.

Are you still planning to do this? I really suck in photoshop / gimp.

Ander00

First Post
Hi Ander00, a couple of weeks ago you mentioned that you might create backgrounds without the circles for the grey, silver and iron backgrounds, when you had time to do it.
Right. I completely forgot about those, sorry. I'll make some for you soon.

cheers

Relbanan

First Post
Ander00, I've made a number of changes and some bugfixes to your card set to make it easier to find the cards I want to print - having everything in one big list is kinda tough. I split out the classes each into their own file, and split out feats, items, racials, skills, and epic destinies into their own files. Additionally, I did a few other things, here's the list.

1. edited Magic Set Editor 2\data\D&D.mse-game\game file, added Skill keyword

word list:
name: class
word: Attack
word: Utility
word: Racial
word: Feature
word: Feat
word: Skill

2. removed "DRUID" card (accidental copy)
3. removed duplicate "Warforged Resolve" card
4. added "Healing" keyword to Second Wind
5. rewrote "Combat Challenge" Fighter feature card
6. removed "Bluff: Gain Combat Advantage"and "Bluff: Create a Diversion to Hide", replaced with "Bluff" encounter skill card
7. added "Heal" at-will skill card
8. added "Intimidate" at-will skill card

I'd like to have cards for the other feats, I may work on those.

This is a GREAT set, thanks so much for putting it together. It makes combat with my kids go much more smoothly, 1000% better than just a list.

Attachments

• Cards.zip
    148.5 KB · Views: 306

Mercutio01

First Post
Updates to my set - this link should include everything you need.

Looking for a box to put your new cards in? Check out my Power Card box.

assembled.jpg

Attachments

• PowerCardBox.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 666
Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases