Making your own power cards

Grandpa

First Post
What did you used to originally create these cards before making them into PDFs? Is it something that can be shared so that people like me can make some more that match?
I appreciate the feedback, thanks! I used PowerPoint, and am happy to upload the PPT files (when I get a chance) and even give info on the creation process if there is interest.

vagabundo

Adventurer
I got MSE working under Linux, very straight forward with Wine v1.0.

Used Ander00's excellent set.

Anyway I needed some blank power cards so I created a new set using the Ander00 template. But when I created just some blank cards it is missing some of the gradients on the coloured headers, So it is just a flat red card or flat green. Anyone know how I can turn on the gradient and drop shadow??

Thanks again Ander00...

Bayuer

First Post
Ander00
Could you update your set with green, red and black colors without the icons and with white place to put name of power? Just likt the one in orange4?

tintagel

Explorer
I have re-released my templates for my Power Cards. They are on the fansite:

http://4e.educatedgamer.net

I know that they may be a little out of date, since it seems that many have moved on to boxes now. These power cards are more artistic and use more ink, but i like them

ooooh, shiny!

Anyways, you can also download my MSE files for powers levels 1-3. I don't think we can legally distribute any powers now. The GSL clearly forbids it. So grab the template and input yer own if you want. For those that forgot what these look like, here is a sample screenshot.

sample-powers.jpg

Booka

First Post
Hi all

Long time reader, first time writer, just because i'm madly in love with those powercards.:D

I decided to use randolphs set, because of those fancy pictures.

I had to change some fonts and stuff (this MatrixBoldSmallCaps font has no "+", strange, maybe someone can help?) but alll credit goes to randolph.

In play I saw more potential, so I created cards for magic items as well (someone here had the great idea).

Those solo and elite monster now have a whole deck of different magic items and I let the players draw two or three (depends on monster). I know its a little "gamey" as someone said, put just look into the face of my players just before they draw and after one of them received something valuable.

For the session tomorrow i have prepared cards for the Player Characters to visually show initiative order and for me to have some player stats handy. This makes ready and delay actions quite easy, I suppose.

Thanks to all of you and please excuse my bad english

Attachments

• Delvers Scale Armor 1.jpg
    Delvers Scale Armor 1.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 359
  • Orb of inevitable continuance 1.jpg
    Orb of inevitable continuance 1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 282
  • Thundering Longsword 1.jpg
    Thundering Longsword 1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 306
  • Gorm Stonebreaker.jpg
    Gorm Stonebreaker.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 445
  • Dara Darkblade.jpg
    Dara Darkblade.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 323
  • Boundless Endurance.jpg
    Boundless Endurance.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 384

Ander00

First Post
SBalrog and Bayuer: here are those custom backgrounds you asked for.

Everyone, especially those interested in playtesting the artificer: the set has been updated once again.

cheers

Attachments

• custom_backgrounds.rar
    114.2 KB · Views: 323

Grandpa

First Post
PPT Power Card Templates

Magus Coeruleus: my PPT Power Card Templates are here, along with a Tutorial PPT that explains how I used them. Hope it helps!

Last edited:

Any way to . . . ?

Is there any way to sticky this topic? I typically check back every few days to see if anyone has updated their Power Card sets and have to jump at least 2 or 3 pages into the forums before I can find it. Granted, most people may have already decided on a format to use and/or have begun making their own, but my group hasn't, so I like to keep track of the newer power cards.

Thanks.

Remove ads