Making your own power cards

reezel

Explorer
Hello all.

I've been following this thread with great enthusiasm. So much so, in fact, it prompted me to make my own set of cards and MSE-SET.

I hope you enjoy it!

-- Hirahito (aka: eloquentaction)
I am loving your set, but am wondering if you can give advice on making new cards? I really want to put the new Dragon powers in as well as things like Second Wind and such. I tried copying the cards but like if the card I copied says "Martial Weapon" I have no idea how to change that.

eloquentaction

First Post
I am loving your set, but am wondering if you can give advice on making new cards? I really want to put the new Dragon powers in as well as things like Second Wind and such. I tried copying the cards but like if the card I copied says "Martial Weapon" I have no idea how to change that.

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm heavily updating my card definitions to allow people to enter them in by hand much easier.

Unfortunately, this means I've had to shift away from compatibility with some of the other formats.

I will be posting back here with this new MSE-SET as well as some other files to make everyones life easier.

I need to add a few more card color backgrounds, and I'm adding a new Hirahito2 card set that has a 3rd icon slot for those people that like icon heavy sets.

Since I have an automated C#.NET program I put together that rebuilds my MSE-SET from a text file, I'm going to be posting that up here shortly as well (as well as definitions on how to modify the original text file and so forth). I'm also going to be taking some hints from Ander and updating the text file with all of the optional powers from classes posted on this board.

I should be getting back to everyone within a day or so.

-- Hirahito

Magus Coeruleus: my PPT Power Card Templates are here, along with a Tutorial PPT that explains how I used them. Hope it helps!
Thanks so much, and with the tutorial even, wow! I hope others find this as useful as I will. I'm going to make some potion of healing cards to hand out when they acquire them.

The elements I like to these are that it's not as ink heavy and just uses the color that is important for quickly identifying the refresh rate, and the special icons that visually indicate how area effects work.

Last edited:

Grandpa

First Post
I made a change to the Area burst icon and updated all of the templates / PDFs to reflect this. Updates and card pics here. Just two more classes to go for the complete card set!

Last edited:

tintagel

Explorer
Thanks Tintagel! I used your cards and they came out great and were super easy to work with and populate.

Thanks! Glad to see some folks are using those. I know they are ink hogs, but eh - shiny!

Oh, I've got some folks working on entering all the powers in the PHB. I'll announce it when it's done in case anyone wants them and host password-protected zips on the http://4e.educatedgamer.net site. There will be a few Q&A's just to prove you own the books before I send you the password. I don't want to be THAT blatant in breaking the GSL.

Alphastream

Adventurer
Everyone, especially those interested in playtesting the artificer: the set has been updated once again.
cheers

It can't be said too often or strongly. This set is awesome! Thank you, sincerely, for the hard work.

I read someone's post about the idea of using cards to track initiative. It could be very cool to have a template for each class with fields for common skills, defenses, name, art, etc. I could see that being really useful and fun for home games. A generic non-class set would be cool for Living or pick-up games.

Thanks again!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases