Making your own power cards

fsnaig

First Post
Magus Coeruleus: my PPT Power Card Templates are here, along with a Tutorial PPT that explains how I used them. Hope it helps!

Thank you for the PowerPoint templates. This actually put me onto the idea of using the MSE components in PowerPoint itself, since I am a Macintosh user, and can't use the MSE program. The PNG files are easy to manipulate in PowerPoint, and can be used to create pretty much anything. Particularly, this allows for creating custom sets of powers for individual PCs.

fsnaig

jtrowell

First Post
Tintagel, are your templates compatible with MSE 0.3.6 ?

I tried them, and it seems to work, but in the main section of the cards, I only get two fields (text and comments/description), where I was expecting more (range/area for instance) from what I read in the "game" file (moreover, this same fil says MSE 0.3.5).

Moreover, while I remember in previous MSE templates having special words (such as "Target:" or "Hit:") automatically set to bold font, there is no effet on my own cards.

Is it that I need to use MSE 0.3.5 or am I missing something ?

Tibeerius

First Post
Ander00:

My group and I are loving your power cards; thanks for all your effort! However, we noted that Acid Arrow (wizard 1st level daily) seems to be missing from the PDF version. Might that one be added in?

eloquentaction

First Post
Updated Cards completed...

Hey everyone.

Some have been asking me to update my cards, so I've gone ahead and done so.

New features of the cards:
* All editable by hand now.
* a *LOT* more customizable than they were before on fonts, colors, etc.
* All the icons have been redone and touched up.
* Looks of the cards have been tweaked a bit. I think they look better.
* Sidebars added like Ander's cards. Allows you to enter in your own stats, etc. Up to 7 sidebar entries for each card, if you enter into the first one only, it does not effect the size of the main rule text.
* Sidebars also allow you to enter text into the box itself and the contents save with the card.

The sidebars still need a bit of tweaking on looks, so bare with me.

You can get the latest set Here.

Here's some samples of the cards. Feel free to criticize and / or make suggestions.

-- Hirahito

Attachments

• Easy Target.jpg
    Easy Target.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 332
  • First Aid.jpg
    First Aid.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 300
  • Harrowstorm.jpg
    Harrowstorm.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 252
  • Scorching Burst.jpg
    Scorching Burst.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 320
  • Disruptive Strike.jpg
    Disruptive Strike.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 312
  • Cause Fear.jpg
    Cause Fear.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

jidoublem

First Post
Can't open core card file

Hey Ander,

Awesome job on the cards, we've used them in all our 4.0 gaming sessions thus far, so I wanted to access them from my home computer as well, but after following all the instructions I found in this extreeeemely long thread and deleting the config file, I still encounter the following error when I try to open the cards. Error: Package not found C:\Program Files\Magic Set Editor 2\data\D&D.mse-game.

Please forgive me if this an obvious fix or if it has been answered herein before, but I couldn't find any answers in the thread and I am a mse and winrar novice.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

MaineCoon

Explorer
I don't think we can legally distribute any powers now. The GSL clearly forbids it.

You misunderstand the purpose of the GSL. The GSL only applies if you are using the logo - it is explicitly allowing the use of the logo and use of copyrighted material to those that comply with the terms.

The situation with power cards now is no different than before the release of the GSL - unless you are intending to use the logo, it falls under the rules of copyright.

reezel

Explorer
Hey everyone.

Some have been asking me to update my cards, so I've gone ahead and done so.

New features of the cards:
* All editable by hand now.
* a *LOT* more customizable than they were before on fonts, colors, etc.
* All the icons have been redone and touched up.
* Looks of the cards have been tweaked a bit. I think they look better.
* Sidebars added like Ander's cards. Allows you to enter in your own stats, etc. Up to 7 sidebar entries for each card, if you enter into the first one only, it does not effect the size of the main rule text.
* Sidebars also allow you to enter text into the box itself and the contents save with the card.

The sidebars still need a bit of tweaking on looks, so bare with me.

You can get the latest set Here.

Here's some samples of the cards. Feel free to criticize and / or make suggestions.

-- Hirahito
I'm loving the set and am going through and printing them for my game tomorrow night. I was wondering though two things. First is how do I add the sidebars you are talking about. Second, how can I change the Action or Range/Area for a card?

Rhianni32

Adventurer
Thanks! Glad to see some folks are using those. I know they are ink hogs, but eh - shiny!

Oh, I've got some folks working on entering all the powers in the PHB. I'll announce it when it's done in case anyone wants them and host password-protected zips on the http://4e.educatedgamer.net site. There will be a few Q&A's just to prove you own the books before I send you the password. I don't want to be THAT blatant in breaking the GSL.

I definately love them and yes they do hog up the ink but are worth it heh.

One request though please....
can you make a gold colored border? I was wanting to have them seperate for magic item powers.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases