Making your own power cards

eloquentaction

First Post
Sidebars...

I'm loving the set and am going through and printing them for my game tomorrow night. I was wondering though two things. First is how do I add the sidebars you are talking about. Second, how can I change the Action or Range/Area for a card?

Re download the set. I was having problems with the sidebars, so I changed them just a bit ago. (should be version 2).

To add anything in the sidebars, you should see 7 empty slots on the right hand side of the card. These are the title boxes for the sidebars. It still has a bug where it assumes you start typing on the first or second one, so you'll need to start in one of those two to get it to work. (I'm working on this still).

Currently, there are two options for the background. I'm really not liking either (but at least they work). I'm slotting out some time tomorrow to try and make them look a lot better. I'll re-upload the set as soon as I get a working version.

To change the Action or Range Icons, click on the icon itself and delete or backspace till the icon disappears. Then you'll see a list of 1 character shortcuts on the bottom (like Free Action is an F, etc.). Type that in and the new icon will show up.

Make sure you try out some of the new styling options I added. They aren't super awesome, but they do let you customize the cards a lot.

-- Hirahito

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Ander,

I love your cards for the clear, uncluttered layout! Yesterday, I've tried to meddle a bit with the template and game files, but had no luck. :.-(

I basically wanted to make the fields with the boxes (images box2.png, box3.png) editable, so I can customize the cards for printing, entering the appropriate values for the attacks.

Any ideas for this or any tip on which paramters I'd have to change?

Huldvoll

Jan van Leyden

Mercutio01

First Post
D&D Character Cards

After about a week of wrangling and design, Black Plauge and I have come up with what we feel is a serviceable design for using MSE to make character cards. You can check out the evolution in this thread at DragonAvenue. A lot of the numbers and such are automated (surges, HP calculation, ability modifiers), and I think it looks pretty darn good.

Even better than that, we've made it so you can use the same card to make monster cards, in the same template format.

I have attached the MSE game and style folders.

You can look at two samples below.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• character cards.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 339

Grandpa

First Post
Equipment Icons

Not sure what kind of icon junkies we have here, but I wanted to share the icons I made since deciding to tackle magic item and magic item power cards. I made them out of shapes in PowerPoint, dragging curve handles around and such to get everything nice-looking, but I'm not sure if there is an easy way to get those shapes out into other programs people use.

I wanted to keep the orange template from the PHB for the card borders but wanted to visually communicate the daily/encounter/at-will, and now healing surge/consumable power types in addition to the normal power icons. And I figured when thumbing through magic item cards, it would be nice to visually note how many of a given equipment type you had instead of reading it.

The icons have been added to my template files, which you can access here.

Click on the JPG popups for a nicer view of the images.

Attachments

• Equipment Icons.jpg
    Equipment Icons.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 451
  • Power Icons.jpg
    Power Icons.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:

guybrush

First Post
These power cards look awesome. I don't suppose there's someone willing to distill this 26 page thread into a short wiki article? Like a little tutorial on how to use the card templates? I've sketched out a rough article already so that people can add links to templates (and not have to sift through the thread to find the info).

http://www.enworld.org/wiki/index.php/4e_MSE_Power_Cards

Well, I've had a bash at a basic tutorial. I'm not sure how in-depth we need to go; once past a certain point the online MSE documentation should be enough for anyone using the program. But it's a Wiki, so I hope people will take what I've done and run with it. ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases