Making your own power cards

Grandpa

First Post
Just an update:

I've added magic items and artifacts from the PHB and DMG to the complete set available in both PDF and PPT format. The templates have been updated to include one embedded (Calibri) font template, as well as magic item and artifact templates with new item icons. Other information on the new cards:

• I updated the potion icon to look more "vial & cork" than "bubbling beaker"
  • The magic items now have a blank circle to encourage players to fill in their own enhancement bonuses into the cards as-prepared (I still hope some will personalize their magic items, and included "+#" text boxes for that)
  • The artifacts have seperate cards for each level of happiness the artifact is in
  • Granted powers via artifacts have their own power cards to reflect the fact that they come from the artifact, and to spell out other differences in abilities as a result.
The grand tally is now 930 completed power cards. (I'm tired!) I expect there are errors here and there in the cards, so please keep an eye out and let me know.

Enjoy!

XCorvis

First Post
Does anyone have a template that is compatible with pre-cut cards, like business cards or even printable playing cards and such? It'd be cool to be able to just print a sheet and pop them out.

kg_kharkov

First Post
Hi Grandpa,

First of all your cards are great. I just DL'd the power point version and did not see the new files for artifacts and items. Can you check the .zip file again. The pdf version has the artifacts and items. I like the PPT version since I cut and paste the images onto customized power pages for my sons to use. (They find it easier to have 6 or so powers on a single page rather than individual cards).

Keep up the good work.

Grandpa

First Post
That's weird. I just tested both links and they work fine and have the files in them. Maybe send me an email (click on my name). If you try again and it's still doesn't work, I'll try to get back to you tonight to just email the file or something. But if you can download the file just fine, and it just isn't in there, but is for me (???) when I use the link, I'm not sure what could be going wrong. Maybe you grabbed the "samples" link? That .zip doesn't have any artifacts or magic items in it.

kg_kharkov

First Post
Strange. I think I needed to clear my temp files to see the new power point files. Each time I clicked, i would just get your original 3 power point files. I then cleared my temp internet files, clicked on the templates file and got that properly, and then when I went back to the regular power point file, your new files showed up properly.

Oh well, I have them now and we'll be enjoying them this weekend in our KoTS session. Your hard work is greatly appreciated especially since I've substituted a few PH items for KOTS items in our campaign.

Hi Grandpa,

I like the PPT version since I cut and paste the images onto customized power pages for my sons to use. (They find it easier to have 6 or so powers on a single page rather than individual cards).

Keep up the good work.

I agree. Would it be possible to make a pdf version with 6-9 to a page?

eloquentaction

First Post
Well, I've had a bash at a basic tutorial. I'm not sure how in-depth we need to go; once past a certain point the online MSE documentation should be enough for anyone using the program. But it's a Wiki, so I hope people will take what I've done and run with it. ;)

Guybrush -

Awesome job on the WIKI.

One note, though - it's not entirely necessary for them to put the complete card sets in their own directories. Most of ours can coexist peacefully since we've renamed the .mse-game. Mine, for example, is differentiated by DnD4h.mse-game. Since none of the other sets use that, it can coexist peacefully.

Not that your instructions are incorrect, just thought I would clarify.

-- Hirahito

Grandpa

First Post
I agree. Would it be possible to make a pdf version with 6-9 to a page?
Thanks for the responses to the cards, guys.

Unfortunately, I'm not handy enough with PDFs to know how to do it. However, you can print multiple per page and be specific about what cards appear on each page.

In Acrobat Reader:

1. Change "Page Scaling" to "Multiple pages per sheet."
  2. Change "Pages per sheet" to "Custom" and set it to the number of rows and columns you want (e.g., "3" by "3").
  3. Enter the cards you want to print in the "Pages" field (e.g., "1, 2-5, 46, 22, 10-16, 3, 3, 3" is valid)
  4. Print!
I've only tested this on landscape settings with 4x2 (8 card) printouts, so you may want to make sure a 3x3 prints cards at the intended 2.5" x 3.5" size. The approach may be less kid-friendly, but it seems better than printing out several cards only to cut out the particular one you want.

Remove ads