Making your own power cards

Mercutio01

First Post
I like that hirahito. I kind of like what I did with setting the cards landscape, but I can see where setting them portrait makes sense.

Black Plauge

First Post
Hirahito, to wrap text around something you need to make use of mask images in MSE. I've not used them myself (no need at this point) but it can be done.

eloquentaction

First Post
Hirahito, to wrap text around something you need to make use of mask images in MSE. I've not used them myself (no need at this point) but it can be done.

Hmmmm... I thought that was for images only.

I'll try that with my next build and see if I can get text to wrap around things.

Thanks for that tip, Plauge!!

-- Hirahito

eloquentaction

First Post
I like that hirahito. I kind of like what I did with setting the cards landscape, but I can see where setting them portrait makes sense.

I saw what Plauge and you did!! I doubt I can get something as good, but I'm going to throw some ideas out there and see if anyone likes them.

I'm trying a lot of things for this version as well.

Did you and Plauge happen to see the messages about semi-standardizing on the same type of MSE game file? I'm going to go ahead and do it. And I know your guys game file is close to mine (or at least it used to be).

-- Hirahito

darkInertia

First Post
Hi folks- I'm new o the forums and LOVE the powers cards. Ander00 has done amazing work adding in all of the powers. Because I like pretty things :) I have added in some more detailed background art to his sterling work. I haven't altered the content or anything (not that clever) but I've changed the png files for the main backgrounds. I didn't do all of them, jus tthe default cards. If they're popular, I'll happily complete the set. Again, all praise to Ander00 for the originals- hopefully this won't offend him ;)

The zip file is here: http://www.box.net/shared/h7r1l6ps0k and contains all the original stuff as well. Enjoy!

Apologies for image size- I don't know how to do that thumbnail thing!

I like the detail you added to the cards; I would like to see a dark black border around the entirity of the card however (it helps make cutting the cards out easier). In addition, In the main box, I think the embossed border would look better if you didn't place it on the top of the card (right above Encounter - Martial, Weapon, e.g.).

tristan_tewksbury

First Post
Well, I looked around and saw some of the cards had as many as 5 attacks (though most were typically 3 attacks). Plus, a lot of the cards had things like 'and you push the target 2 + your Dexterity modifier squares'.

So I wanted to be able to have an Attack ( +6 vs. Reflex ) / Damage ( 2d8 +4 ) and so on and so forth.

Basically, any info you'd need for that card.

I have modified the cards to read as "[WisAtt] vs. Reflex" or "2d8+[WisMod]" and then setting up the fields to hold the values for the card, allowing me to write in the current values in pencil so I don't have to keep printing the cards. Works well for me :)

wagenejm

First Post
Praxedes: I liked the backgrounds you made, except you didn't include one for the orange2, which is the one my group prefers to use for magic items. The rest is great though.

eloquentaction

First Post
I have modified the cards to read as "[WisAtt] vs. Reflex" or "2d8+[WisMod]" and then setting up the fields to hold the values for the card, allowing me to write in the current values in pencil so I don't have to keep printing the cards. Works well for me :)

I'm doing something similar. I'm changing my set creator C# program to look for HIT:, ATTACK: and similar 'markers' in the text. It will then auto-fill the box label and box content tags in each of the cards.

Most people are doing their card sets by hand, but that's just too much damned work for me; I'd much rather program a computer to do it. That way, if something is wrong, I just go correct it in my SpellSource.Txt file one time and then re-run the program to re-create my set.

Hey, I'm a programmer - I'm born lazy.

I'm thinking of putting my C# proggy up on the web so other programmers can mutate it at will.

-- Hirahito

Remove ads