Making your own power cards

Nail

First Post
Just a quick note: I updated my power and magic item cards with the latest (7/02/08) errata from Wizards. Just late to the game there.
Grandpa-

Your cards rock. I've downloaded everyones, and yours are the clearest and cleanest, with Ander00's running a close second. ...Not that this is a competition or anything. :angel:

For me the primary concern is being able to "read at a glance". I "get" that other people like fancy pictures and backgrounds on their cards, but I find that clutter just slows the reading, and thus the game. YMMV, obviously!

For the record, everyone posting card designs on this board is just the coolest. These things clearly take weeks of effort (check out the timeline on this huge thread!), and it must be a labor of love. Huge kudos, guys! You all are way on the positive karma side of the ledger.

Last edited:

wigwam

Explorer
Just to say I'm new to all this and found this thread simultaneously excellent and confusing. I love the idea of being able to make cards but find it very frustrating to locate various template designs.
Is there a sticky thread or some-such that provides links to all the various sets?
TIA.

Also, are there any cards to replace the character sheet sections?

Last edited:

Mercutio01

First Post
Check the ENWiki. I think there are links to all the major card styles.

Just wanted to comment back to Nail - I have the same need, but I'm a visual kind of guy, which is why I made icons for all kinds of things. It's easier and quicker for me to reference the icon at a glance than text. Again, personal preference.

Relbanan

First Post
Also, are there any cards to replace the character sheet sections?

This could be very interesting... I'm using Ander00's cards, so landscape format for me. I have them for my players (my wife and kids :) ) in MTG cardsheets, so 9 per sheet. Imagine laying out your character sheet in sections as wigwam suggests, so that they'd fit into the same format - the top left could contain the Player, Character Name, Race, Class, Level, Gender, Height, Weight (description, whatever), Alignment, Deity, and Paragon/Epic stuff. Top center, Ability scores, top right, Skills, etc etc etc. When you go up a level, you just replace the appropriate cards...

eloquentaction

First Post
Grandpa-

Your cards rock. I've downloaded everyones, and yours are the clearest and cleanest, with Ander00's running a close second. ...Not that this is a competition or anything. :angel:

For me the primary concern is being able to "read at a glance". I "get" that other people like fancy pictures and backgrounds on their cards, but I find that clutter just slows the reading, and thus the game. YMMV, obviously!

For the record, everyone posting card designs on this board is just the coolest. These things clearly take weeks of effort (check out the timeline on this huge thread!), and it must be a labor of love. Huge kudos, guys! You all are way on the positive karma side of the ledger.

Nail -

You're right. I like fancy.

But I also realized other people don't.

If you have the latest version of my set, you can switch off all the fancy fonts for those that are a bit more utilitarian using the STYLES menu in MSE.

As you've stated, YMMV.

-- Hirahito

meandog

First Post
Hey, I'm a programmer - I'm born lazy.

I'm thinking of putting my C# proggy up on the web so other programmers can mutate it at will.

-- Hirahito

Thats cool Hirahito. I take it that the C# will not work with MSE then. What can us computer dumbs do or use if we do not know C#? Any ideas or are we just left with doing it the old fashion way, editing it each time....lol

tristan_tewksbury

First Post
I've got the standard Red/Green/Black/Blue/Silver/Gold backgrounds already.

This was a leathery one I put together specifically for critters.

Do critters need more than one?

-- Hirahito

I rather like the leather cards for powers :)

It would be nice to have a couple of different colors for items, though... My group tends to use different colored item cards for those with daily powers and those without.

eloquentaction

First Post
I rather like the leather cards for powers :)

It would be nice to have a couple of different colors for items, though... My group tends to use different colored item cards for those with daily powers and those without.

Then you'd need a symbol for at-will / encounter / Daily on the card.

I'm experimenting with stuff now. I'll see if I can mock something up without killing my style script.

-- Hirahito

Foxman

First Post
To print 8 cards / sheet from Acrobat Reader:
  1. Set your printer properties to print pages in landscape.
  2. Change "Page Scaling" to "Multiple pages per sheet."
  3. Change "Pages per sheet" to "Custom" and set it to 4x2.
  4. Enter the cards you want to print in the "Pages" field (e.g., "1, 2-5, 46, 22, 10-16, 3, 3, 3" is valid)
  5. Print!
I would suggest adding these simple instructions into a .txt file with the zip :)

ulrikbb

First Post
Thank you SO MUCH, everyone, for working on these awesome power cards! They are amazing! I LOVE them, and my party is going to love them as well! Woo! :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases