Making your own power cards

riplox

First Post
Do you think we can get a some kind of layout code or something for these boards so we can format our powers quickly and easily to look like this or at least close to it? I'm looking for the Power name and level color highlight, italicized flavor text, and text spaced and bolded as in this pic. I'm not good with coding, so I don't know where to begin or even it's possible with the software.
charsheet-ss3.png

DonAdam

Explorer
Some Grandpa-style non-power cards for effects that might be hard to keep track of.

Attachments

• nonpowers.pdf
    126.1 KB · Views: 1,620

eloquentaction

First Post
Version 3...

Hey everyone -

Once again, I've released a new version of my Power Set cards.

There are now two styles supported by my set. My original card type, and a new card type which is much more 'reserved'.

I've also updated a lot of the data in the set. It includes:
* WOTC's errata
* The Warlord (Pack Master) from Dragon #364
* All Monster Manual Racial Powers
* The Warforged from Dragon #364
* The Wizard Illusions from Dragon #364
* The Dragonborn from Dragon #365
* The Eberron Artificer from Dragon #365
* The Swordmage from the RPGA Forgotten Realms Preview
* The Myconian (from ENWorld)
* The Kenku (from ENWorld)
* Malcolm_n's Druid (from ENWorld)
* Saric's Bard (from ENWorld)
* A set of Condition cards (Petrified / Prone / etc.)
* A more complete set of Skills / Standard Actions

I've also added over a dozen options to the look and feel of my set, bringing it to a total of 30 options. Currently, I'm sitting at 1057 cards with no monsters and no magic/standard items as well as no blank cards.

The cards still aren't perfect yet, and I'm going to release two versions of the MSE-SET files. One optimized for the new look, and one optimized for the old look.

Any feedback would be appreciated, positive or negative. I'm trying to make these cards the best I can make them.

-- Hirahito

Here are some screen shots:

Attachments

• Magic Missile.jpg
    Magic Missile.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 308
  • Winter’s Wrath.jpg
    Winter’s Wrath.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 224
  • You are Helpless..jpg
    You are Helpless..jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 227

kg_kharkov

First Post
Some Grandpa-style non-power cards for effects that might be hard to keep track of.

Any chance you have these in power point format too? Nice job, btw.

Grandpa, thanks again for all your work. I use your cards in 3 x 3 customized sheets for my players. Having 9 customized cards in front of them at an easy glance makes life very easy for them.

eloquentaction

First Post
Hmmmm.... that's an artifact to the way MSE does the image.

I'll rip the image ability out of there again and re-post in a bit.

-- Hirahito

Allright Mercutio -

Here's a really quick rework. These still need a lot of work.

Let me know what you think...

-- Hirahito

Images attached:

Attachments

• Act of Desperation.jpg
    Act of Desperation.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 216
  • Armor of Acid.jpg
    Armor of Acid.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 183
  • Booming Blade.jpg
    Booming Blade.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 187

Nail

First Post
Below is a complete set of power cards in PDF format made from my own PowerPoint template.
Grandpa, these are da bomb.

I've been using them for a week or so now, and they really fill my need of a clean - and background-clutter-free - card. I'm currently using them for magic item cards, especially ritual cards. I'd like to see how you might format a Ritual Card....any thoughts?

Last edited:

tristan_tewksbury

First Post
I've also added over a dozen options to the look and feel of my set, bringing it to a total of 30 options. Currently, I'm sitting at 1057 cards with no monsters and no magic/standard items as well as no blank cards.

This brings up a good point... Would you consider breaking this up into different subsets? For instance, the Dragon/Homebrew stuff in a separate file from the stuff from the core books? It might cut down on the bandwidth used in downloading the sections that people want, although it is certainly more work for you to divide them up. I guess the importance depends on what you have to pay for bandwidth ;)

The cards still aren't perfect yet, and I'm going to release two versions of the MSE-SET files. One optimized for the new look, and one optimized for the old look.

Any feedback would be appreciated, positive or negative. I'm trying to make these cards the best I can make them.

I find the new style very interesting. Not sure which I like better, but part of that might be that I just finished changing over all my cards to your original format :devil: I will have to print out some cards and see which works better in my game.

Remove ads