Making your own power cards

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Kirnon_Bhale said:
That looks really nice. How do I use it though? I am new at card making and don't know how to add this to the list of cards available.
Well, what about that: New Template Pack. It's my template from above, but now with DDM-style template, as well as a very simple barebones template. I hope it's compatible with the old files, but I cannot promise.

@KnightOtu: If you like it, feel free to include it on the MSE forums. I'm off tinkering... perhaps I'll produce something useful... - I always want to hear suggestions, if possible.

Cheers, LT.

mvincent

Explorer
Belorin said:
I'm now working on Magic Items, the plain scroll card works nicely.
Will you be posting them?

Since this seems to be good idea, is anyone planning to create an area to store all these things? Maybe even an area where everyone can collaborate, provide pictures, etc.?

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Folks who are planning on creating power cards and sharing them with others should please check their spelling, too, if possible. "Missile" has a second I, for instance.

Cheers,
Cam

Belorin

Explorer
mvincent said:
Will you be posting them?

Since this seems to be good idea, is anyone planning to create an area to store all these things? Maybe even an area where everyone can collaborate, provide pictures, etc.?
I may post them if I can.

Bel

Kirnon_Bhale

Explorer
Lord Tirian said:
Well, what about that: New Template Pack. It's my template from above, but now with DDM-style template, as well as a very simple barebones template. I hope it's compatible with the old files, but I cannot promise.

@KnightOtu: If you like it, feel free to include it on the MSE forums. I'm off tinkering... perhaps I'll produce something useful... - I always want to hear suggestions, if possible.

Cheers, LT.
Thanks for that! I think it looks better then a Magic Template. I will now download and get cracking.

Knight Otu

First Post
Lord Tirian said:
I'll do so when I have finished my own staff, and I'll look at yours before to be able to give some more feedback.

Khaalis

Adventurer
Is there a known issue with MSE2 on Vista? For the life of me I cannot get the program to run accepting any of the non-core installed templates. As soon as I add one to the data directory the program chokes and either says it is an unsupported file format or completely fails to load even the core installed templates. I've tried with a variety of the templates here and no luck.

Ashardalon

First Post
Khaalis said:
Is there a known issue with MSE2 on Vista? For the life of me I cannot get the program to run accepting any of the non-core installed templates. As soon as I add one to the data directory the program chokes and either says it is an unsupported file format or completely fails to load even the core installed templates. I've tried with a variety of the templates here and no luck.
As far as I'm aware, people are using MSE on Vista mostly without problems - I recall a few had problems, but not what you describe. I can post this on the bug report thread, but if you have some more info, that might help.

Khaalis

Adventurer
Ashardalon said:
As far as I'm aware, people are using MSE on Vista mostly without problems - I recall a few had problems, but not what you describe. I can post this on the bug report thread, but if you have some more info, that might help.
Ok, here is what I am seeing.

1) Installed MSE V0.3.5b full version (mse2-2007-09-21.exe).
2) Open and get “new Set” or “Open Set”
3) Open Set find nothing to open
4) New Set gives options for MtG, Vanguard, VS, YuGiOh. I can select any of those existing templates.
5) Downloaded the templates from the 1st post (magic-new-fulltext.zip) which is supposed to work in MSE2 as others here have done it. The folder seems to be basically identical to the other “-style” folders pre-installed with the installer.
6) My understanding is that you simply need to add the new “-style” folder to the Data directory.
7) Re-start MSE2 but no new syles – just the 4 pre-installed.
8) However, if I click on any I get the following message.
-----ERROR: File not found: 'style' in package 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Magic Set Editor 2\data\magic-new-fulltext.mse-style'
9) Hit OK, and then I can access the old 4 styles.
10) I tried to copy over a “style” file from another folder. It does away with the error message, but still no access to the template.

I am probably missing something rather simple here, but I've tried this with the various styles people have posted and get the same results regardless of which style I try it with.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Edit...
I am also getting the following when I actually pick one of the pre-installed files to try and work with.
-----ERROR: File not found: 'text_mask.png' in package 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Magic Set Editor 2\data\magic-new-fulltext.mse-style'

(also for border_mask.png and image_mask.png)

So now it appears to be looking for the fulltext style no matter what template I try to pull.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases