Making your own power cards - Page 93

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Grandpa
    Quote Originally Posted by eloquentaction View Post
    This is an awesome set of work, Grandpa.
    Thanks.

You came to the same conclusion I did; there simply is no such thing as too much information handed to the players in card form.
    Yeah... I did limit, though. For example, I have cards for things like light sources, overland traveling, and moving through difficult terrain in a graveyard, but I felt uncomfortable offering all of the PHB in card form. I ultimately limited the set to (a) things that make up and describe your character, (b) rules that touch the action (standard, move, minor, etc.) system, and (c) conditions.

The trouble is, MSE isn't as nice as Power Point; I'm splitting mine out into separate files. So far I've got: Optional (ENWorld, SwordMage, etc), Magic Items, Powers, and Basic (Skills, etc.).
    I haven't used MSE much -- it was intimidating -- and I think the single-file thing might be a big pill to swallow for everyone, while the easily-shared data is an attractive advantage of MSE that makes them welcoming. I don't plan on updating my info with all of the upcoming splatbooks, so unless someone else picks up the baton (I only hope, not expect), they will remain useful only as a "core" set. Which works for me, since after buying all things 3.x, I decided to apply the KISS rule to 4e.

And I hope you don't mind, I'm stealing your icons for the magic items. They were the only ones out there and they're so nicely done I just couldn't resist.
    Not at all. If there's anyway I can make them more accessible, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Yeah... I did limit, though. For example, I have cards for things like light sources, overland traveling, and moving through difficult terrain in a graveyard, but I felt uncomfortable offering all of the PHB in card form. I ultimately limited the set to (a) things that make up and describe your character, (b) rules that touch the action (standard, move, minor, etc.) system, and (c) conditions.
    Yeah - same idea. But a lot of the original card sets didn't have the plusses listed for races (as an example). Both you and I came to the decision that was a good thing to have.

I originally wasn't going to do equipment, but I think I like the idea of handing out cards when people buy things and then taking the sucker back when it gets used / destroyed. Too many lanterns used after I know for a fact that sucker got broken in the last pit trap. grrrrrr... Bad Player! BAD! No Chicken pot pie for you!!

-- Hirahito
    See the UCS site: Here
    Make sure to check out the Universal Card Set as well as all the templates being moved to it!

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore KnightCa

Knight's MSE files

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaerdon Fain View Post
    Great job both of you. Josiah?... is there a link to the MSE?
    Here you go. MSE files for the sets I have been working on. I haven't included the files for the class and race background variations. Those I will post once I finalize them.

MSE files:
    http://www.josiahknight.com/game/PowerCards/Knights_MSE.zip

Power Card Backs:
    http://www.josiahknight.com/game/PowerCards/CardBacks.zip

Attached a few more backs I created.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails class_artificer.jpg   class_monk.jpg  
    Last edited by KnightCa; Monday, 11th August, 2008 at 07:56 PM.

Josiah - links you have posted seem to be password protected/restricted.

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Grandpa
    I originally wasn't going to do equipment, but I think I like the idea of handing out cards when people buy things and then taking the sucker back when it gets used / destroyed.
    I like that too. Another thing I was proud of with the weapon cards in particular was formatting them to have entries just like Basic Melee and Basic Ranged Attack cards. It doesn't last long since they get replaced with Magic Items, but if you use card sleeves, you can put the basic weapon card on the opposite side of a Magic Item card so you have the attack info with that particular weapon in addition to its magical effects/powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    I like that too. Another thing I was proud of with the weapon cards in particular was formatting them to have entries just like Basic Melee and Basic Ranged Attack cards. It doesn't last long since they get replaced with Magic Items, but if you use card sleeves, you can put the basic weapon card on the opposite side of a Magic Item card so you have the attack info with that particular weapon in addition to its magical effects/powers.
    That is an interesting idea.

I wonder if I can do something similar for the weapons / magic weapons in my set? Hmmmm....

-- Hirahito
    Make sure to check out the Universal Card Set as well as all the templates being moved to it!

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore KnightCa
    Fixed the links so they are not in a password-protected location. Sorry about that.

Grandpa, in your set, the Godstrike power of the Cleric (page 141 in your biggest PDF) simply has the name "Power Name". Probably overlooked the header there?

Version 4 Preview...

Here is a sample of a single card in all 4 styles with the parchment set to Full, Light and None.

I added the parchment style for those people who wanted higher contrast and / or wanted to save on ink...

Once again - let me know what you think.

-- Hirahito
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dzokvik_sleep.jpg   new_light_sleep.jpg   Simple_Full_Sleep.jpg   Simple_None_Sleep.jpg   Old_Full_Sleep.jpg  

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Buddha the DM
    Quote Originally Posted by JosiahKnight View Post
    Fixed the links so they are not in a password-protected location. Sorry about that.
    You might want to change the hypertext link that is inside the post because it is still pointing to the password protected page.

Also, did you forget to include the actually set file that tells MSE what to do with all the source files?
    Last edited by Buddha the DM; Monday, 11th August, 2008 at 09:08 PM.
    - Buddha the DM, Founder of Idle Minds Entertainment @ http://shardrealm.strangled.net/

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 93 of 200 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103143193 ... LastLast