Making your own power cards

AceWasabi

First Post
These cards are outstanding, what a time saver in so many ways, not to mention that me and my group have come back to DnD after a very long hiatus and these cards soften the learning curve considerably.Thank you guys for all of your hard work.

I do have a question since I'm new to using MSE. Is there a way to globally apply the card style changes to everything or to a group of cards? Or do I have to change each card individually?

eloquentaction

First Post
These cards are sick Hirahito.....they look great ....were do you find the time to do this...Keep up the good work....they make D&D on saturday go alot faster and easier to keep track of stuff.
THanks alot!

Nice to be... sick? Seriously - feedback is what keeps us sick and depraved card editors at this, so your feedback is much welcome.

These cards are outstanding, what a time saver in so many ways, not to mention that me and my group have come back to DnD after a very long hiatus and these cards soften the learning curve considerably.Thank you guys for all of your hard work.

I do have a question since I'm new to using MSE. Is there a way to globally apply the card style changes to everything or to a group of cards? Or do I have to change each card individually?

You can globally make changes in the card styles in the following manner:

A) If you are changing from one card set to another, click on STYLE, then click on the image of the style you want your cards to be in, then click on the button in the far right called 'Use this style for all cards.'

B) If you are going to change a particular setting for everything, make sure the checkbox near the top is NOT clicked and then make your change. The change you made will then show up in all of the cards EXCEPT those that you have customized individually.

C) At any point, you can single out a card and click on the checkbox and make a change. If you change a setting while the checkbox is clicked, the setting is changed ONLY for the card you currently have selected.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you have customized a card by using the checkbox, it no longer 'listens' to other style changes and remains separate. This can be both annoying and useful.

Your best bet is to do an EXPORT of your cards into a new set. If, for example, you are creating a set for your 10th level Paladin, you'd click on EXPORT and then click all of the cards you think might be useful or related (Race cards, his god card, his class cards, his power and feats, equipment, etc.) Once you have a set of cards exported into another set, you can play with that other set all day and it won't screw up your MAIN set. This is particularly useful when you are adding things into the sidebars.

MSE is both a great program and a bit of a pain in the rear. But I do think it's one of the best tools out there for the job.

Hope that helps.

-- Hirahito

Grandpa

First Post
Any chance you could add version numbers to the files? Its easier to keep track of what has been updated, and what has not :)
Sure... Does the date work, or is there some mysterious advantage to "v1.8.9" I don't know of? I'm not very familiar with version control.

gotan

First Post
Sure... Does the date work, or is there some mysterious advantage to "v1.8.9" I don't know of? I'm not very familiar with version control.
Date is fine, whatever you feel comfortable with.

Version numbers, by and large, work like this:
<major revision>.<minor revision>.<patch> (Alpha|Beta)

So if you added a whole new category you'd up a major revision, if you've just updated the odd thing, a minor revision, and if its a typo or small change then patch. Alpha & Beta are there for releasing unfinished stuff on people to bug-report, send patches to you. Alpha being a 'warts and all' release, Beta being almost there, but needs some proper testing.

Hope that helps ;)

inati

First Post
This is a sample of the power cards I am making for myself. They are heavily influenced by Ander's cards with a touch of hirohito thrown in for good measure. I like being able to write on my cards, so I left spaces for myself on the card for attack bonuses and damage.

I have no idea how to use MSE, as I haven't really taken the time to tinker with it. Instead, I do my cards in Illustrator and then print them out on card stock and use a paper cutter to cut them to length. I just make cards as I need them in my game, as I have don't have the dedication to enter in that insane amount of info like all you other card makers do :blush:

I hope you guys like my work!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases