need help with Stonedeath assassin (RoS) build

Animal

First Post
[long story]
this is an NPC. an elite subterranean assassin. being a goblinoid is a prereq for this PrC so his race selection is pretty much limited. hobgoblins just suck, their +1 LA is soo unfair comparing to other +1 LA races like tieflings that it make every DM cry. same with arctic goblins, though their climb speed is kinda nice for the PrC. there were some other options i was aware of but they all were not viable (bugbear, varag, forestkith - all pretty bad). so i decided it'd be a goblin. i also thought of making him a mineral warrior (+1 LA template from Underdark which is imho pretty cool) but i'm not sure if i should for it penalizes intellect and wisdom - abilities i see as important for the build. as he is small and weak, i wanted this dude to be extremely sneaky and able to dish out additional damage. 2 levels of ninja for ghoststep and sudden attack just seemed ideal. i decided to take the third level of ninja too for sudden attack damage increase and poison use. so i needed 2 more good levels. rogue or monk seemed great choices for Evasion. but i'm not sure which to pick - rogue gives some more precious skill points and +1d6 sneak att, while monk levels increase saves and AC (i could bump up wisdom here to increase AC and will save which would also synergize well with ninja ki powers) and grants stunning fist as a bonus. but i don't know if increasing wisdom too much is wise, for he already needs very good dex and int modifiers. i'm also not sure what weapons he should utilize. for feats i was thinking of going for spring attack but will it pay in dungeons and caverns?
[/long story]

[short story]
is goblin the best race for stonedeath assassin? pre-Prc class selection - ninja/rogue, ninja/monk or something else? mineral warrior template - good or no good? how to allocate ability points (32 PB) for greater effect? weapons, feats, skilltricks thoughts anyone?
[/short story]

Remove ads