Tomb of Horrors 3.5

renau1g

First Post
That's good about the max on an item... I spent half on Fin's beloved bow. Speaking of which, you have any concerns with him as it stands Scotley?

Scotley

Hero
Renau1g, Fin passes my initial screening. I like him. I don't think the rest of the party should trust him, but I like him. I see you are getting into character already--Rogue's can't normally use a shield, but since the armor check penalty for your magic (thus masterwork) darkwood shield is negligible, applying the penalty to your attack rolls, skills and ability checks is not a concern. Very sneaky!

Scotley

Hero
Looking over Fin reminds me that I didn't mention hp or experience points. Everyone starts with 36,000+d100 experience points, roll on invisible castle. You get max. hit points at first level and then roll on invisible castle d4 can reroll ones, d6 can reroll 1's and 2's, d8 and reroll 1's, 2's and 3's, d10 can reroll 1's, 2's, 3's, and 4's, finally d12's can reroll 1's, 2's, 3's, 4's and 5's as needed or just set the minRoll appropriately on www.invisiblecastle.com.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=Tagret Artalen]
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Tagret Artalen

[B]Class:[/B] Monk 9	[b]Starting Level[/b]: 9
[B]Race:[/B] Human
[B]Region of Origin:[/b] 
[B]Size:[/B] M
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] LN
[B]Deity:[/B] St. Cuthbert

[B]Str:[/B] 14 +2 (5p.)	[B]Level:[/B] 9	[B]XP[/B]: 36,060
[B]Dex:[/B] 20 +5 (16p.)	[B]BAB:[/B] +6/+1	[B]HP:[/B] 53
[B]Con:[/B] 10 +0 (2p.)	[B]Grapple:[/B] +9	
[B]Int:[/B] 10 +0 (2p.)	[B]Speed:[/B] 60'	[B]Stat Increases:[/b]2 (Str & Wis)
[B]Wis:[/B] 18 +4 (8p.)	[B]Init:[/B] +7	[B]Spell Save:[/B] 
[B]Cha:[/B] 8 -1 (0p.)	[B]ACP:[/B] 		[B]Spell Fail:[/B] 0%

[B]	Base	Armor	Shld	Dex	Wis	Nat	Misc	Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]	10	3	0	+5	+4	+X	+1	23
[B]Touch:[/B]	23	[B]Flatfooted:[/B] 15

[B]Spell Res:[/B] None
[B]Dmg Red:[/B] None

[B]	      Total	Base	Mod	Misc[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]          +6	 +6	+0	
[B]Ref:[/B]           +11	+6	+5	
[B]Will:[/B]           +10	 +6 	+4	

*****+2 vs. enchantment

[B]Weapon				Attack	Damage	Critical	Range[/B]
Claw Gloves	+12/7	1d4+2	x3	
Unarmed Strike	                 +11/+6      1d10+2    
Sling                                     +11/+6           1d4          x2              50ft	
Flurry of Blows              +11/11/6
Stunning Fist  (save DC) 10 + 1/2 level + wis mod = 18       

[B]Languages:[/B] Common

Monk:
Flurry of Blows
Unarmed Strike
Evasion
Still Mind
Ki Strike (magic)
Purity of Body
Wholeness of Body
Slow Fall 40ft
Improved Evasion
+30' speed

[b]Garb of the Hunting Cat:[/b]
Mask of the Tiger- +5 survival, low-light vision
Mantle of the Predator- +5 to hide and move silently; +1d6 against foes denied their dex
Claw Gloves- +1 punching Daggers; 2 claw attacks on charge or spring attack

[B]Feats: [/B] 
Versatile Unarmed Strike
Dodge
Weapon Finesse
Mobility
Defensive Throw (Complete Warrior) = if the attacker I used Dodge against misses, I can ******************************make an immediate trip attempt.

Bonus Feats:
Stunning Fist
Combat Reflexes
Improved Trip

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 60 [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 12/6
[B]Code:
                           Skill     Ability             Misc. 
Skill Name 	          Modifier   Modifier   Ranks    Modifier

Balance			     +12        +5         +5        +2 [tumble]       
Climb                       +7        +2        +5      
Escape Artist               +10        +5        +10 	       
Hide                        +20	     +5	        +5           +5 [Cloak]
Listen                       +14 +4	   +10
Move Silently    	  +20	     +5        +10              +5 [Cloak]
Sense Motive                 +9         +4	      +5
Tumble       	           +10        +5	    +5

Equipment: 					Cost	Weight
Claw Gloves (Garb of the Hunting Cat)			5,604gp	 1lbs 		
Mask of the Tiger (GotHC) 	              		4,000gp	1 lbs.
Mantle of the Predator (GotHC)	                          6,000gp 2lbs.
Amulet of Dex, wis +2				10,000gp  -lbs.
(full price + 150%)                                         
Belt of Armor + 3				     9,000gp    2lbs
2 Belt Pouches				       2gp	 1lbs
5 Sunrod                                                     10gp         lb		
Everlasting Rations		                         350gp     -lbs.
5 Potion of CLW                                        250gp          -lbs.

[B]Total Weight:[/B] 18lb	[B]Money:[/B] 13gp 0sp 0cp   [used: 35,236]
[B]		Lgt	Med	Hvy	Lift	Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]	76	153	230	460	1150

[B]Age:[/B] 23
[B]Height:[/B] 5'11" 
[B]Weight:[/B] 190lbs
[B]Eyes:[/B] Dark Brown
[B]Hair:[/B] Black
[B]Skin:[/B] Tanned

Goofed on my HP roll, put minroll as 3 instead of 4.... I'll fix it sorry.

Tagret's HP roll (8d8.minroll(3)=34)
Reroll's for the 3's (4d8.minroll(4)=23)

xp roll (1d100+36000=36060)

[/sblock]

[sblock=Tagret's personality and bio]

Tagret Artalen was born and raised in the church's care. Few knew where to find his sanctuary, even fewer cared to visit it. The area was wooded and according to legend use to serve a place for druids to meet and fine reprieve. Tagret always found himself wanting to believe it was true, for it would explain quite a bit about the land. As well as how the monks had come to have such exceptional control of their bodies.

The elder monks believed in preparing both mind and body for challenges. The taught that only when the mind and the body were truely one, would a person unlock their full potential. Tagret only had to look at his master to learn the truth of that very simple statement. Brother Cmail appeared to be in his later 40's, with a heavily weathered face and saddened, yet bright eyes. He had appeared the same way since Tagret was a small child. Not one hair had greyed or one new wrinkle formed. He was believed to be the oldest living human.

He was one of the few who knew the stories of how the monestary was found, although he refused to tell the tale to anyone. He did mention a man he had once journeyed with. Some adventurer named Ambrose. Apparently they were friends, as Tagret had seen letters exchanged although he never knew of a carrier to send or recieve the mail.

Brother Cmail recieved a letter one day, handed it to Tagret and said "My friend has need for you Brother Tagret." Tagret looked at him with questioning eyes, "Ambrose is old, as am I. New blood is needed for this, whatever it is. He asked for you." He gave Tagret a slight nod and added, "I have a gift for you. I expect you to return with it."

Tagret's eyes lit up as he saw the mask, claws, and cloak. "Take these. They will bless you with the spirit of the tiger." Tagret said his thanks and donned the clothing. He gathered what little else he had and set out in the direction Brother Cmail had sent him. [/sblock]

Equipment is a work in progress. Not any of the big stuff, just little things lol

Last edited:

wandering_8i

First Post
Jason Fishmonger

[sblock] Jason Fishmonger grew up in the rough part of the city of Blackstone. He was well on his way to a successful life as a thug until he made the mistake of taking on a priest of Pelor. After the priest instructed him in the proper use of a mace he spent the next couple weeks explaining to Jason some of the less violent aspects of his faith. At the end of the two weeks Jason decided there was more to life and staid on at the temple training. Eventually he became a full fledge paladin of Pelor and set off into the world. It was during these adventures that he met Ambrose Wythwindle.

Standing at 5’8” with a mop of short black hair on top Jason looks very ordinary, and not at all what the bards tails would have you believe. A bit ungainly and with a medium size frame Jason is normally attired either in simple adventures garb or Full Plate with a cloak to prevent the military attire from calling to much attention in public. Jason tends to be very direct with his speech but is prone to the occasional grand speech when confronted with the forces of evil. While easy going he is almost always on guard and is prone to a slight case of paranoia.
[/sblock]
I’ll post stats soon.

Last edited:

Graybeard

Explorer
Scotley,

I am going with a human Sorcerer. I have a quick question. Can I swap Bluff for Use Magic Device as a class skill? If not, that's fine.

thanks,

Graybeard

Scotley

Hero
OnlytheStrong said:
I have a question about the gloves. Since I can wield a weapon when the gloves are worn, can I use my unarmed strike instead of the punching daggers (claws)?

My understanding is that monk's unarmed strikes include much more than fists--elbows, knees, kicks, even head butts. So I don't see a problem. Just keep that in mind when describing Tagret in combat. It is good to see Percival's old ally rise from the dead. Hope I get a chance to bring Percival back in a future game.

Scotley

Hero
Graybeard said:
Scotley,

I am going with a human Sorcerer. I have a quick question. Can I swap Bluff for Use Magic Device as a class skill? If not, that's fine.

thanks,

Graybeard

Sure why not? No more skill points than a Sorcerer gets how much harm can it do? (I hope these two lines don't end up coming back to haunt me!) :heh:

Remove ads