In regards to Gary Gygax, A thank you to all of you.

KRBourgoine

First Post
All,

I would like to thank all of you for the kind words and support offered for Gary Gygax. I know that the family really appreciated the vast outpouring of sympathy you all gave and continue to give in your posts, letters and beautiful flowers you sent.

I just returned to New York City from Lake Geneva and it was a very lonely journey home. As I boarded the plane I knew that any of my return trips to Wisconsin would never be the same, they would never feel the same, because part of the great wonder and great excitement and magic of the place was now gone. The man who made me feel like it was a sacred pilgrimage to go there the first time I went, would no longer be there to welcome me when I arrived.

I am sure I am just one of thousands of fans Gary made feel this way when they travelled somewhere for the purpose of finally meeting the man who gave us our beloved game and pastime. So I would like to let you all know that while your life may have been touched by his, I know that his life was greatly touched by yours.

Gary treasured his fans and appreciated their passion for Dungeons and Dragons. He really tried to reach out and communicate to any person who contacted him with a question or comment, because he felt he owed it to them for the fantastic life he had been given, because of their love for what he had helped create. I promise you, Gary loved his fans and fans of his creations and wanted nothing but the best for them. To see everything that has been said and done on his behalf I think would overwhelm him, as it overwhelms me.

This past week has been very difficult for the Gygax family and I wanted to thank all of you, Gary's fans and fans of the game, for being kind and offering such great comfort to the family.

Gary was my friend and mentor, and I miss him already.

Kerry

DM-Rocco

Explorer
KRBourgoine said:
All,

I would like to thank all of you for the kind words and support offered for Gary Gygax. I know that the family really appreciated the vast outpouring of sympathy you all gave and continue to give in your posts, letters and beautiful flowers you sent.

I just returned to New York City from Lake Geneva and it was a very lonely journey home. As I boarded the plane I knew that any of my return trips to Wisconsin would never be the same, they would never feel the same, because part of the great wonder and great excitement and magic of the place was now gone. The man who made me feel like it was a sacred pilgrimage to go there the first time I went, would no longer be there to welcome me when I arrived.

I am sure I am just one of thousands of fans Gary made feel this way when they travelled somewhere for the purpose of finally meeting the man who gave us our beloved game and pastime. So I would like to let you all know that while your life may have been touched by his, I know that his life was greatly touched by yours.

Gary treasured his fans and appreciated their passion for Dungeons and Dragons. He really tried to reach out and communicate to any person who contacted him with a question or comment, because he felt he owed it to them for the fantastic life he had been given, because of their love for what he had helped create. I promise you, Gary loved his fans and fans of his creations and wanted nothing but the best for them. To see everything that has been said and done on his behalf I think would overwhelm him, as it overwhelms me.

This past week has been very difficult for the Gygax family and I wanted to thank all of you, Gary's fans and fans of the game, for being kind and offering such great comfort to the family.

Gary was my friend and mentor, and I miss him already.

Kerry

It was an honor to meet one of many of Gary's friends at his funeral.

I know what you mean. That part of Wisconsin feels a bit more dark now :(

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Thanks for sharing that, Kerry.

I realize now it will be that very Gary you described - our beloved Col_Playdoh who was just another fellow gamer - that I am really going to miss the most.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Kerry, you've been doing a lot since Gary's passing to ensure that his fans know what's going on and to help honor Gary's memory. We should be thanking you as well.

And thanks to the Great Dungeon Master for all the joy that he has brought to so many lives. I think that's a marvelous legacy. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases