Ari Osten : Human Hexblade and Child Of Khyber
Khalia ir'Indari : Human Archivist of the Silver Flame
Jango Silversun : Elven Sorcerer and Dragon Prophet
Rogan ir'Tharvar : Human Rogue of the Daggerspell Guardians
Horatio Donovan : Human Warpriest of the Silver Flame

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
It is a bright, if not slightly nippy morning in Newthrone. All things considered, this has been a faily mild winter into spring. The weather has cooperated with the group in everything they've needed to do, and while early mornings always have a slight chill, once the sun gets high overhead... life is fairly comfortable. It is the same today as it has been for the past month, and as the group arrives at the docks a little while after sunrise, the breeze from the water clips at each of you.

As the sounds of your footsteps thump against the wood planks of the dock, each of you look at the various ships anchored and tied off to the high pylons. All shapes and sizes, all captained by various men and women, and the question now becomes what will you all be sailing in as you make your trip north into the Lhazaar Principalities? After a few minutes, you find it... a mid-sized galleon named the Swiftwind... and you breath a sigh of relief. Although nowhere near the biggest ship here... it definitely is one of the highest quality. The hull looks fairly new and without water stains or dents, the metal bolts and supports on deck are without rust, and off the rear of the shp you recognize the swirling, churning water as a captured water elemental used for propulsion. High quality indeed! With that as your engine, the trip will take half the time that a conventional sailing ship otherwise would.

One by one you come up on deck, and are greeted by the ship's Captain... a Khoravar sailor named Phaellip the Squid. He is decked out in the usual captain's finery, and seems to be taking on all of the stereotypical mannerisms of your ocean captain. Whether this is how he actually is normally, or if this is all for show, is unknown.

"Arrr-ha! Welcome lads and lasses to the Swiftwind! The finest lady in the south seas! She is as strong and as fast as the storm, but if you treat her right, she'll be as calm and as comfortable as the storm's eye."

He motions to the hatch that leads below decks. "The others on our voyage are below decks already, claimin' their staterooms. Feel free to take any that you'd like. The Swiftwind has been chartered to be at yer disposal... so you have free rein to use it as ya see fit! We be settin' sail within the hour, so if you have anything final to do, go about your business quickly. Otherwise, make yerselves comfortable and then come mid-day we can discuss where in the pirate isles you first be lookin' to go."

The captain nods once and starts walking toward his cabin. "Good morn to you, folks. I be seein' you soon."

jkason

First Post
Brother Donovan, warpriestly human cleric

DEFCON 1 said:
I"Arrr-ha! Welcome lads and lasses to the Swiftwind! The finest lady in the south seas! She is as strong and as fast as the storm, but if you treat her right, she'll be as calm and as comfortable as the storm's eye."

He motions to the hatch that leads below decks. "The others on our voyage are below decks already, claimin' their staterooms. Feel free to take any that you'd like. The Swiftwind has been chartered to be at yer disposal... so you have free rein to use it as ya see fit! We be settin' sail within the hour, so if you have anything final to do, go about your business quickly. Otherwise, make yerselves comfortable and then come mid-day we can discuss where in the pirate isles you first be lookin' to go."

The captain nods once and starts walking toward his cabin. "Good morn to you, folks. I be seein' you soon."

Donovan gives the captain a friendly nod and offers a handshake; he's not sure what the proper greeting is on a ship. Truthfully, he's never been much of one for the water.

When they've been left to their own devices, the templar looks around, slightly ill at ease.

"So I haven't decided yet if I want to take the chance of fallin' off the side and sinking 'cause of this tin--" here he taps his heavy breastplate, "Or leave it in the cabin. Place seems safe enough, but I have to say, I feel almost naked without it these days."

Velmont

First Post
Jango climb on the ship and take a look at it. After a moment, he look up. He put his arm at the horizontal, whistles and stares a moment. A small shadow start to fall down. The falcon is diving toward the elf and when he is near, slow himself and lands softly on the arm of the elf.

"Come on Griot, stay near that ship, we will be travelling." The falcon flaps his wing a few time before leaping and taking flight. He lands at the top of a mast. Jango stared a moment at the falcon. He felt sad a bit. He remembered the first time he was in Seawell. It was good to have him around, to have someone to speak with that would not judged him, when he had difficulty to accept who he was.

But things have changed, and it seemed the link he had devellop with Sur'Kil had prevent to continue to devellop one with Griot. He had read about thos efamiliar animals that could speak with there master, but that have never come true with Griot.

Coming out of his thought, the young elf sorcerer replies to the templar "Leave in the hull. If we are hit by a storm, I don't want you to sink, no one will be able to go take you. But if we are attack, I can create a ward around you as strong as an heavy armor. It will be almost as good as your armor, but it won't prevent you to swim or prevent you to keep your balance."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ari busies himself with a quick trip to the Cannith foundry, hoping to find one of those eternal wands he saw in the War. A bit of minor protection to shield himself.

Looking at the ship, Ari shrugs. He'd never taken to sea travel, preferring the land himself. Hearing Donovan's lament, the hexer chuckles a bit but says nothing. Calling his feline shadow to himself, the hexer settles midships, keeping his eye out for trouble.

Mista Collins

First Post
"It's good to be aboard Swiftwind!" Rogan says as the captain greets them. "I look forward to seeing what she can do."

Getting on the ship reminds Rogan of his time back home in Cyre when he was a young boy. His father would occasionally take him out on Lake Cyre on a small fishing vessel he charted. Out on the water they would spend time fishing and discussing things of all nature. Though this galleon is at least three times the size of the vessels the Guardian is used to, he can't help but get slightly excited. This will be his first time sailing the high seas.

The rogue takes his belongings down to his room and leaves most of it down there. He then waits on the deck enjoying the breeze coming in off Adder Bay, with nothing but his armor and two daggers on him.

drothgery

First Post
Khalia, unlike some of the others, had been on wind galleons before. And airships, and the lightning rail. And walked, or rode, sometimes on very poor excuse for a horse. She travelled like a high Thrane noble when she could -- there was no need to suffer any unnecessary discomfort. But that didn't make her unwilling or unable to cope when she did not have house ir'Indari's funds at her disposal, or when travelling in high style would be innapproriate.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Before arriving to the ship, Ari stops by a Cannith workshop and is able to find and pick up a wand of Shield for 800 gold. As he holds it in his hand, he realizes how rusty he is with magic... his foci these past few months have been his sword-skill and his dragonmark. The hexblade twirls the wand between his fingers and also practices storing and drawing it at speed. This is going to take some time, he thinks to himself.

Aboard the Swiftwind, the group ventures below deck to store their gear and take a gander at the ship. If the deck above looked to be in very condition, below decks look immaculate. You guess that either this is a very new ship, or there are several hands that have magical talents in keeping it in tip-top condition. Based on seeing several everburning torches, and other magical devices throughout the concourse... you figure there has to be at least one magewright (if not more) as part of the crew.

As you reach the quarters, you run into one of the Guardians that is accompanying you on the trip... and you all recognize her as one of Sur'Kil's inner circle. Rogan introduces her as Mirabela Sunraker, a gnome Daggerspell Mage and owner of an Aberrant Dragonmark herself. As she sees the group, she immediately rushes up and grabs Rogan around the waist for a huge hug.

"My goodness gracious, how good it is to take this trip with you, Rogan! I was so excited when Zendarrill told me that you were coming with us to Regalport! It's going to be such a fun trip!"

She glances at the rest of you and gives you all a big smile. "Vinn will be happy to see you too, I'm sure. And Derrie..." However, before continues, she pauses for a moment as though unsure whether she should say anything. "Derrie is... um... well... let's just say I'm sure Derrie will be civil."

Mirabela shakes herself out of it and gives one more big squeeze to Rogan before breaking away and waving to everyone. "We'll see each other on the ship I'm sure! It'll be a pleasure to get to know you all! We'll talk soon!"

And with that, she spins about and begins skipping back down the hall.

jkason

First Post
Brother Donovan, warpriestly human cleric

DEFCON 1 said:
"Vinn will be happy to see you too, I'm sure. And Derrie..." However, before continues, she pauses for a moment as though unsure whether she should say anything. "Derrie is... um... well... let's just say I'm sure Derrie will be civil."

Mirabela shakes herself out of it and gives one more big squeeze to Rogan before breaking away and waving to everyone. "We'll see each other on the ship I'm sure! It'll be a pleasure to get to know you all! We'll talk soon!"

And with that, she spins about and begins skipping back down the hall.

Donovan raises an eyebrow and can't resist smiling. "Don't think I've ever seen a defender 'gainst the darkness be so ... chipper." He cocks his head to Rogan, asking, "Do I want to know about Derrie? I'm guessing not."

Shrugging, Donovan starts looking for his cabin. "I think you've got the right of it, Jango," he says. "I think I'd rather try to dodge a sword blow or two than try to get that armor off while I was sinking."

While he plans to go without his armor on the trip, he isn't nearly comfortable enough to go without his weapon. And seeing as his shield can take care of itself, he keeps that handy, as well. Given his newest tattoo, he makes sure to keep his usually-sloppy shirt well-fastened up to his neck to keep the dragonmark from showing.

Mista Collins

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
"My goodness gracious, how good it is to take this trip with you, Rogan! I was so excited when Zendarrill told me that you were coming with us to Regalport! It's going to be such a fun trip!"
Returning the hug, Rogan gives the gnome woman a smile. "It's good seeing you also! Zendarrill didn't mention you'd be on your way to Regalport also. Quite the pleasant surprise! It will be good seeing Vinn, also. It has been awhile. We will have to catch up and trade some stories."

As Miss Sunraker takes her leave, the Guardian turns to Donovan. "Derrie is a good man. Some people have a hard time handling him as he is brutally honest, and spares no feelings. I sometimes wonder if he has a filter for that mouth of his."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases