The Romance of the River Kingdoms

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Three Flowers watches in amazement as the girl changes to a magnificant bird and soon back again. Such grace. He had found someone who could, almost, compete with him on style. He pulls a sheet of paper from his case and shuffles his pack for ink and brush. Handing them to Annika he nods approvingly.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Map Attached.

The Leng River flows at the top (right to left), it has undercut the bank on the northern side of the temple, and the long, low building to the north is showing signs of subsidence damage. The big flower marks the rhododendron tree, small squares on the outer wall show the statues and the one that might be a wolf is shown with an arrow.

[sblock="Xielt"]
Search roll 15+6=21

Despite the firm ground of the path, Xielt finds plenty of animal prints in the softer verge around the edge of the path at the entrance.

Survival roll 13+8=21

They are wolf tracks, alright. Made over several days by the looks of it, and by many wolves. The tracks lead to and from the temple.

[/sblock]

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 112

Redclaw

First Post
Xielt walks over and looks at the map as the bird-girl draws it. He does his best to commit it to memory, then he lets the others in on what he discovered. The place holds a pack of wolves. Their tracks litter the ground in front of this opening, and suggest that they use this as their den.

The Rolling Man

First Post
Jar'Thol, Salsham'ai shaman

With a frown, Jar'Thol addresses the group. "As much as I hate having to do it, it seems like we'll have to kill or drive off that pack of wolves before we can explore this place. I have a suggestion for making this easier. If any of you can attract the wolves toward the rhododendron, I can invoke a powerful plant spirit into it to give it life. Thus imbued, the plant might be able to hold a few wolves in place and helpless to our ranged attacks."

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
"Bloodshed is such an ugly thing" Three Flowers remarks with a frown. "But if necessary I will go and lure them out"

hafrogman

Adventurer
Dirt watches in amazement as Anika performs her transforming feat. He longs to ask her how she did it, but everyone else seems so accepting of her abilities. . . and he didn't wish to expose his ignorance. Still he watches in awe as she swoops through the sky.

Wolves though, he understands. The bane of the farmer is the wilderness seeking to return. He shoulders his staff and looks towards the ruins.

"How many?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock="Xielt"]
Spot check 11+8=17

With his keen tlaxu sight, Xielt notices that the wolf in place of the statue seems to be watching the group, calmly. Its eyes gleam yellow in the sunset.
[/sblock]

OOC: Feels like a plan coming on. Intended actions, everyone?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases