Dungeon 153 - Touch of Madness

Shroomy

Adventurer
The first part of Dungeon's three part series by Robert J. Schwalb was released today. "Touch of Madness" is an adventure for 10th level characters. You can download it here.

A sect of the church of Ioun once reached into the dark reaches of the Far Realm in search of knowledge. Its members created a gate powered by one of Ioun's relics, and when the portal to the Far Realm opened, they vanished into it. No further harm seemed to have been done as the portal closed behind them ...

Now, many years later, someone else seeks the lost relic of Ioun, all while aberrant creatures and warped monstrosities roam the land. What evil has descended on the quiet Kortian Valley now, and who can stop it?

Rauol_Duke

First Post
Just printed this out at work this morning and am looking forward to giving it a read soon (if I don't get sucked into playing Condemned 2: Bloodshot all night). :uhoh:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I noted how the sidebar said that this and the sequel adventures were going to be converted to 4E after the new edition came out, and so they wrote the fluff accordingly. I'm kind of hoping that the subsequent adventures in this arc will give us 3.5E versions of 4E materials, like the dragonborn, the goddess Ioun, etc. That'd be a nice last nod towards the 3.5E players.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
I read through it and I really like it. I have to confess to being a kaorti fanboy since I first saw them, so I'm pretty pleased that they play a large part in this adventure arc - so large that their coming has so far only been hinted at. I hope we see them in part 3. This gives me hope that the kaorti will make an appearance in the 4E core rules.

Dark Psion

First Post
When exactly did Ioun become a Goddess?

Did I miss the assention party? Was my invitation lost?

I didn't even know Ioun was female, or is that why I shouldn't touch that Pink Pyramid Ioun Stone.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Dark Psion said:
When exactly did Ioun become a Goddess?

Did I miss the assention party? Was my invitation lost?

I didn't even know Ioun was female, or is that why I shouldn't touch that Pink Pyramid Ioun Stone.

They address that in the adventure. She'll be one of the new 4E goddesses.

SoulsFury

Explorer
I like the adventure, would fit perfectly in my campaign world. Can't wait for the 4th edition conversion since thats when I would get a chance to play it.

Remove ads