Passing of Wizo Ka'yn

Tharivious

First Post
Link

I just came across this on a browsing of the Gleemax forums, and considering that Fraxus only posted it two hours ago, this is recent news. I know there are many veteran ISRPers around that remember the part she played in the community who may not receive this news. Currently no details spoken of in that thread, but I'm sure we will all be extending our condolences to her family.

A sad day, indeed. :(

Magi_Siani

First Post
I've been told it was apparently a sudden heart attack. Beyond that I have no details. I last spoke to her just a few days ago and she was happy, her kids were doing well, and things seemed fine.

She was just a year older than myself, just shy of that really.

One of the sweetest people I've had the pleasure to know.

Siani

gillette

First Post
So Long Alyysssa, Till We Meet Again

I cannot say exactly when I first met Alyysssa (or Ka'yn, if you prefer), but I can tell you that it was years ago, most likely in the summer of 1999 when I first discovered freeform roleplaying online.

What I can tell you is that she was vibrant, glowing with life and good cheer and liked by everyone. She was kind hearted and friendly, always trying to get people involved with each other. Years later, she went to great lengths to find my number and call me on the phone because she had heard through the grapevine that I might be in trouble. Bless her heart, she didn't even know my real first name, but if there was a chance I might have needed help, she was going to offer it. We spoke for perhaps two hours, long distance, long after she was sure I really was okay. Even then it was hard for me to reconcile the differences and similarities between the 'real' person and the being I knew her as online:

A beautiful, everyoung, eversmiling, flaxen-haired druidess in the middle of a perfect green glade that will never turn brown. There is birdsong in the air and sunlight in the canopy. Can you see her there, with her arms outstretched and a smile on her lips?

In my heart she will always be Aly to me and she will never die.

Alek

First Post
One of the brightest stars in the abyss of the online world. If she was even half of what she was to her friends and family in the real world, that she was to those in this one, then the world has lost a truly amazing person.

I suppose I never had a chance to tell you, having left the community alone for so long, so I'll say it now. That haven you provided in those imaginary woods got me through some of the most difficult periods of my life, and the people that gathered there, including you, brought me some severely needed happiness into my life when times were grim. Such things are more valuable than any tangible gift could ever be, thank you.

It's rare for news of something like this to affect me, so I'm surprised to find myself heartbroken... You'll be missed Aly, good luck with what comes next.

Kinetti

First Post
*Kendari remembers the Grove*

As another of those "real old-timers", indeed, I also remember Alyysssa well, from back in the days of the old site. Way back when the Grove was the happening place to be. Perhaps what, 8 years ago? She was a person who wanted to bring everyone together, and the patronage of those who came to her Grove represented that, and as back then the clientele was vast, there were sometimes two dozen people in her Grove on whatever site she'd host it on, sometimes even out-numbering the chat-numbers on the Wiz's ISRP. I was another who had the rare privilege to have spoken to her ooc as well, such as on the phone, and indeed, she was as kind-hearted in reality as her character was ic -- my heart goes out to her family and friends, I wish there was something I could do for them.

Man, I just don't know what to say, really. I'm stunned.
Can we have a Grove room in honor of Aly? Rename the Garden for a while? Kendari would reappear in ISRP, just to remember Aly or something. I just ... wanna do something. She will be missed greatly.

May her Grove stay in bloom and green forever, and her voice whisper forever in the breeze that rustles the branches of her trees.

~~ KC

Natalie Storm

First Post
I find myself in a bit of shock at the moment and all I can seem to do is sit here and remember the bits and pieces of the wonderful person that were shown to me and to all of us. Yes, she will be greatly missed in all her forms. love you Alyysssa/Ka'yn

Thanriyon

Explorer
A terrible, terrible loss. My condolences to her family.

Alyy was one of the first people I met when I started out on TSR those many years ago.

No matter what was going on, there was always Alyy and her grove to go to, to mellow out, and have some fun. She shall be missed, but never forgotten.

May she rest safely in the bosom of nature.

Remove ads