Passing of Wizo Ka'yn

Nugan

First Post
This is just awful.

Alyysssa was one of the first players--years and years and years ago--to play with my character as if I were an equal, rather than a newbie. She also, as Ka'yn, was a great deal of fun to play with when I started playing here again back in 2003.

I had not spoken to her for at least four years, but I still appreciated--still appreciate--the fact that she was so helpful.

This really is a terrible loss. I don't know what to say. Anything, and everything, seems hollow and self-serving when compared to the universal permanence of death. It's just, like I said, awful.

I just found out as I was leaving her a message on Myspace about this. I am crushed.My condolences to her family for their loss.

She was an amazing woman, a wonderful mom & grandma and a stellar D&D player. She taught me the ropes on TSR, as a gamer, a Wizo in training and as a friend. She had so many great stories IC and OOC about various things. She was so smart and so very full of life that I cannot truly believe she's gone. Her and I spoke years ago about how we needed a network of old timers so heavens forbid something happens to us others can get in touch with each other. For my old friend I'm doing just that. Those from the TSR/Wizards days who remember me (my characters- Moondyre, Ethera, Panthea, Jibbles, Aelan, etc) get in touch with me. I miss so many of you and I know Bren did as well,but after the close of the tavern many folks didn't make it to this site until many others stopped coming around so let's close the gap between us on cyber space, keep in touch and stay connected. I'd hate for something to happen to another player and not know of it.

I'll miss you my friend..You were an amazing woman and all you taught me I'll never forget.

Myspace- (http://www.myspace.com/immortalbakery)
E-mail- Argylesabby@hotmail.com

Babylon Logos

First Post
Ethera de Lioncourt said:
Those from the TSR/Wizards days who remember me (my characters- Moondyre, Ethera, Panthea, Jibbles, Aelan, etc) get in touch with me.

Myspace- (http://www.myspace.com/immortalbakery)
E-mail- Argylesabby@hotmail.com

I can toss a phone call to Shenlong's player down the road . . . Everyone's favorite erstwhile monk. He's somewhere in my cellphone. Unless you'd rather I just tell him to e-mail you. He refuses to use Myspace under any circumstance.

Kesmic

First Post
Thanks to Ethera I caught wind of this news and I must say that I am truly shocked. Some people are instantly likable and have this aura that lifts your spirit with their presence. Geniune people that are honest and care about others. I know that many of you understand what I am saying. Well, she was such a person.

We have all roleplayed with her characters, some of us have even had the opportunity to know her OOC so I say that we remember what we have lost and forever keep them in our hearts. In game, her Groove will become legend. In life, she will be remembered as a pure hearted individual.

On another note I think Ethera's idea on all of us keeping contact is excellent idea.

Bhryn

First Post
Neo was the one to tell me, though Thar and Draggy weren't far behind. I'd only just gotten back onto msn after a long time away with the problems in my own life. That's the worst news I could have ever wanted to hear. Alyy was one of the first people I spoke with, back in 2000. I thought of her as indestructible, but there's only my fond memories of her and time spent just talking to her, now. I feel the most for those immediate family members she left behind, and my thoughts and wishes are with them, and how the cope with her passing.

As for Alyysssa, she's still out there with her grove, singing to the spirits and listening to the wind.

B xxx

valerus

First Post
In shock...

I just opened myspace and got the message from Ethera. I am sadden, in shock, in tears. My prayers go out to Kayn's family and to all of you who cared about her , she will be missed. It does bring a bit of happiness to see Kayn had so many friends that she has impacted in all these years. I still am in shock....

Remove ads