Which levels of play do you personally perfer?

Which character levels do you enjoy playing the most?

• First level (1)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Low levels (2-5)

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Middle levels (6-11)

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • High levels (12-15)

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Very high levels (16-20)

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Epic levels (21+)

Votes: 4 7.8%

Dark Jezter

First Post
Hi everyone. Here is my pointless poll of the day, in this one I will be asking the question of which level of play (how tough your characters are) you perfer the most. Do you like playing as a young and inexpirienced character, a mid-level adventurer, or an epic level legend?

mirzabah

First Post
I picked 2-5, but really I enjoy play up to around 8th level. Beyond that, amusement wanes. Generally speaking I find that the best written modules are those aimed at lower levels. Higher level modules seem to rely heavily on crunchy bits rather than good storylines.

laiyna

First Post
In our style of gaming is 5th level not low level. A fireball is defently a mid level spell. Our catogories are more like: (lvl 1, lvl 2-4, lvl 5-8, lvl 9-12, lvl 12+).

lai

Khorod

First Post
Definitely middle. You're just powerful enough to have some confidance and kick some but, while not being so powerful that their are too many yawns.

And at 6th leve you get into some prestige classes. I like to please the powergamer in me, while I go off and do full-immersion role-playing.

John Crichton

First Post
Low levels (2-5)

At the moment I am enjoying the lower levels of 3e D&D. It's fun to watch the fledgeling heros overcome the early challenges. As a player I enjoy taking a character from LV1 up to around level 12 and sometimes beyond. But most of our campaigns stop about there if we even get that far.

But the most fun is around 3-4 when the PC's start to get a bit more hardy and don't have to worry too much about one sword swing ending them. It's right before they start to have access to the early nasty stuff. ;)

Psion

Adventurer
I chose middle llevels. The PC have enough power that they have some neat abilities, but are still vulnerable enough that you don't really have to go out of your way to challenge them.
But a good GM can run a good game at all levels, IMO. And IME, 3e handles higher levels much better than prior editions.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I choose middle levels since you start to get some interesting power but you aren't getting into silly-city at high levels where there are more and more "save or die" situations, and raise dead is seen as a logical defence against them :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases